[Scpg] steep permaculture slope ideas?

John Calvert jcalvert at crystal3.com
Sun Sep 5 21:22:34 PDT 2010

I started out writing a response to this, looking in the direction of
what grows native on our steep coastal mountain canyons.

But I realize that there isn't much edible on the really steep slopes.
It seems the more fruit-bearing types are more likely to appear where
there's better soil and moisture.

So, that leaves the plants that do well in poor soil and least moisture...

nopal cactus, various wild sages, maybe fit in a hollyleaf cherry, chia
?, maybe some kind of mulberry, wild golden currant (?).

so, mostly natives, and then some select fruit-bearing plantings w/ drip
irrigation.  ?

JC