[Scpg] You're Invited to become a Master Gardener

Leah Haynes ljhaynes at ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 2 14:17:00 PDT 2010

You are being sent this email, because at some time during the past year,
you attended a Ventura County Master Gardener sponsored event or meeting,
and indicated an interest in receiving information about future Master
Gardener events.

If you wish to expand your knowledge and understanding of horticulture and
gardening, and are interested in becoming a Ventura County Master Gardener
in 2011, this is to inform you that we are starting the process of accepting
applications for the training classes which will take place from January
13th until May 26th 2011.

We are holding two Orientation Meetings to explain exactly what the training
class is about, and what your commitments will be.  These meetings will be
held at the University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) conference
rooms located at 669 County Square Drive, Ventura.  on Tuesday September
14th from 2:00 to 4:00 pm and Monday September 20th from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
(Signs to the conference rooms A & B will be posted inside the building)

You MUST attend ONE of these meetings, at the end of which application forms
will be distributed to everyone wanting to participate.  All applicants will
be interviewed because we receive more applications than we can accept, and
you will be able to sign up for an interview at this meeting.

This is the only opportunity where application forms can be obtained.

If you are interested in learning more about the program and the training
course, please send an email to Leah Haynes at ljhaynes at ucdavis.edu
indicating which of the two meetings you wish to attend.

Happy Gardening!

Leah Haynes

UC Volunteer Coordinator

Master Gardener Program Coordinator