[Scpg] 3 - LA City Repair events TODAY with Mark Lakeman

camille cimino camcim at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 10:07:59 PDT 2010

Last chance to see Mark Lakeman speak,  3 different venues today and Pigeon Palace workshop tomorrow!

Los Angeles City Repair Tour 2010 with Mark Lakeman

Transforming Public Space

A Street Corner Revolution!

Join visionary architect Mark Lakeman as he inspires and guides the grid structure of a typical American city into a vital social commons with Portland's City Repair Project.
Now a national movement, City Repair is about cities, towns, grids and the intersections where our lives can converge by literally inserting villages into cities. Multidisciplinary, City Repair combines architecture, urban planning, anthropology, community development, public art, permaculture and ecological design in projects that transform public space. http://www.cityrepair.org/

When & Where

Urban Green LA - 1279 N. Spring St. LA, CA 90012  http://www.urbangreenla.com/
Saturday Oct. 2 - 11 am.
FREE lecture, speaker donations welcome.
For more info. contact Rickey Smith rickeysmith at urbangreenla.com
LA Burningman Decom -  www.laburningman.comSat. Oct 2 - 3:40 pmWe've got a great series of presentations at the Eco-Salon (next to the Ant Farm music stage) Tea House.  Bring a mug and have a cup of tea with me or any of our wonderful presenters.

Historical Landmark #157- A Community Creative Space Dedicated to the propagation of all positive possibilities - 3110 N. Broadway, Lincoln Heights, CA 90031
Slideshow and Design Charrette Pow Wow
Saturday, Oct. 2, 5:30–10:30 pm. - lecture starts at 8:00 pm.
Healthy & Happy Drinks will also be available to purchase as a fundraiser.

Pigeon Palace Workshop & Pot Luck - We will be addressing the BIG Pigeon Problem
Sunday, Oct. 3, 11:00AM-8:00PM.
Donation of $5.00-$20.00 at the door for both dates
***NOBODY will be turned away for lack of funds****,
For more info contact Charon Nogues: trickypoodle at yahoo.com

For more info on how to get involved with City Repair LA
Contact Camille Cimino: camillecimino at gmail.com