[Scpg] Volunteer Weekend to Beautify Quail Springs October 22-24

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Tue Oct 19 15:16:39 PDT 2010

Dear Friends of Quail Springs,

We're putting a call out for motivated, energetic volunteers for this coming
weekend to help Beautify Quail Springs! We can use up to 20 willing helpers.

Since getting through some of the initial big jobs of connecting our well,
re-grading the driveway, and starting on winterizing the livestock, a small,
new gardenthe space and land is needing some sprucing up!

Please reply back to info at quailsprings.org (mailto:info at quailsprings.org)
were communicating all by email as our phone is not yet working.

WHAT: Work this weekend will include everything from washing, mopping and
scrubbing, to chopping straw & sifting clay for plaster, to lots of digging,
removing debris, & ferrying materials. We really need folks who can catch
what needs doing and run with it! Particular skills and experience are not
necessary, yet generally knowing how to get things done and think on your
feet is, as we wont be in a position to offer much beyond basic direction.

Please note: This weekend wont be the right time to come out and see Quail
Springs, be shown around, have discussions about things, or be taught new
skills, but rather a time to come out and join in some joyous, hard & messy
work! If youre interested in that, we appreciate it greatly! If youd like to
come out at another time for a more facilitated experience, please do come
join us for a Spring 2011 Tour or for one of our workshops we would look
forward to meeting and visiting with you then.

WHEN:

Arrivals - Friday October 22nd, 3-6:30pm, OR Saturday October 23rd morning.

Ends - Sunday Oct 24 about 5pm

Food: Potluck and/or Brown Bag

RSVP to: info at quailsprings.org (mailto:info at quailsprings.org) - we then will
confirm with directions & gate instructions and details about what to bring
! (or let you know if the weekend fills up)

In your RSVP please let us know: 1) your name 2) number of people in your
group 3) when you would arrive Fri afternoon or Sat morning 4)(*please let
us know if you have skills/experience handling tools, in carpentry,
plumbing, operating machinery, etc.)

Thanks and hope to see you! Well have a lot of fun and good food while
getting this messy work done!

Sincerely and with great thanks,

The Quail Springs Crew

*************************

Quail Springs Sustains Flooding & Begins Recovery! click here to read more
(http://e2ma.net/go/6820824127/208342868/215837638/1408048/goto:http:/www.qu
ailsprings.org/news)

Please help with flood recovery and rebuilding by contributing a tax
deductible donation via Donate Now
(http://e2ma.net/go/6820824127/208342868/215837639/1408048/goto:https:/secur
e.groundspring.org/dn/index.php?aid=12781). Thank you! All gifts, small and
large, add up to rebuilding and planting for resiliency.

Flood Recovery Needs List as of October 2010: Settling tanks, 50 gal food
grade plastic drums, Large amount of compost, Strawbales clean and dry,
Large pieces of plexiglass, Animal trailer, Sturdy wheelbarrows, wagons or
carts, Open trailer, Cast iron bathtubs

Our heartfelt gratitude to all of the supportive thoughts, messages, gifts,
donations, offers of hands & hearts! You make Quail Springs' thrive while
responding to change, finding solutions amidst challenges and carrying on
our educational mission.