[Scpg] Women's Permaculture Gathering

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 21 12:44:30 PDT 2010

Hello Permaculture Supporters and Enthusiasts!

We are happy to announce that the second West Coast Women's Permaculture
Gathering will be happening this spring.  The event will take place over three
days and likely be in northern California or possibly southern Oregon.  The
first Women's Permaculture Gathering was at Quail Springs in May of 2009.  It
was a wonderful event and we look forward to continuing this great tradition.

Please read read below for ways to get involved in the 2nd West Coast Woman's
Permaculture Gathering.   Thank you!!

~Google Group~
A Google group was created to coordinate the first gathering.  At the bottom of
this email is information on how to join that group.  Joining the group is the
best way to receive the final details of the event and participate.  Please join
the group!

~Donations and Funding~
When planning events the registration process usually consumes a lot of the time
and energy of dedicated volunteers. For the event we intend to hire and
honorably pay a registrar (person or organization) to handle this vital task.
We are seeking a donation or two of money to support this endeavor. Every little
bit helps and we are looking for an angel or two to underwrite this! Is it you?
Please contact us at  womenspc at gmail.com.

~Venues/Speaker/Topics~
We are currently looking for potential venues in Northern CA and Southern OR.
We would also like ideas for speakers and discussion topics.  If you have any
ideas or have general questions please email, womenspc at gmail.com.

Google group info:

The women's permaculture Google group is intended to be a one-stop shop for
organizers and participants to communicate with each other.  You can request an
invitation to join at the following site:
 http://groups.google.com/group/westcoastwomenspermaculture

Please include with who, where, and when you took your pdc/gained your
permaculture experience and what your interests/specialties in permaculture are
in your request, this helps with spam detection.  There is typically very little
traffic on this list, traffic speeds up the closer we are to the event.

You can choose how you receive information from the group. Once you are signed
up click,  "manage my membership" on the right side of the page.  You can choose
among options such as "no email" (you need to logon to see group activity),
digest email (you get no more  than one email daily with the most recent 25
emails from the group all together), or email (each email sent to the group
shows up in your inbox).

 "...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even
if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is
enough for everyone.
Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the
very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and
shelter."

- Bill Mollison

If you choose the digest format please make sure that you delete the digest when
you reply to an email thread or the entire digest gets copied into your reply!

Thanks!

Joan, Camille, Melora, and Kat