[Scpg] free! "Patio Permaculture" Wed Nov 17 7 pm at Watershed Center

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 10:47:44 PDT 2010

On Wednesday, Nov 17 from 7 pm - 8:45 pm, the Permaculture Guild  of Santa
Barbara will present a free class, "Patio  Permaculture: Growing Food on
your Balcony, Porch or Patio" at the  South Coast Watershed Resource Center at
Arroyo Burro/Hendry's Beach, 2981 Cliff  Drive in Santa Barbara. We'll show
a brief video by permaculture co-founder Bill  Mollison on how to grow food
in small spaces, plus we'll have a discussion where  we share ideas and
experience about what grows best in small spaces here in  Santa Barbara.  We'll
pay special attention to how to use vertical space,  trellises, bamboo
teepees etc.

And as  decided at our Oct 27 Steering Group meeting, we'll also be
including the  following in each meeting:
    inviting  folks to post their Needs & Resources on the whiteboard
    inviting  folks to bring plants or seeds to share if they have extras
    holding  a Steering Group meeting from 6-7 (open to all) to continue
planning  upcoming Guild events, tours etc.

See you there!
Linda

Linda  Buzzell-Saltzman
Member, Communications Team
Permaculture Guild of Santa  Barbara
_www.permacultureguildsb.org_
(http://www.permacultureguildofsantabarbara.blogspot.com/)
lbuzzell at aol.com (805) 563-2089

"...the  greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production,
even if on a  small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this,
there is enough for  everyone. Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have
no gardens, who depend  on the very system they attack, and who produce
words and bullets, not food and  shelter."
~ Bill Mollison, co-creator of the Permaculture  concept