[Scpg] Community Supported Kitchen/Goodland Kitchen Internships

Margie Bushman, Coordinator SBCC Center for Sustainability sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Feb 17 22:20:32 PST 2011

Internships Available:

Goodland Kitchen is a Community Supported Kitchen in Goleta, California.

The Goodland Kitchen is committed to
    * Local Agriculture, by supporting local farmers and creating our
menu with seasonal items.
    * Sustainability, by making decisions that will have a positive
environmental, social, and economic impact.
    * Education, by offering internship programs and cooking classes.
    * Community Inclusiveness, by respecting all patrons and
providing affordable options.
About the Internship

The Goodland Kitchen is hiring a team of interns to help them start
the first Community Supported Kitchen on the South Coast. We are
offering a 10 week, non-paid internship where participants will learn
how the food choices they make on a day-to-day basis affects their
local community.  We look for interns who care about the environment,
justice, local agriculture, and also want hands-on experience that
they can apply to an environmental profession.

REQUIREMENTS: Interns will dedicate a minimum of 10 hours per week,
for 10 weeks, in an area that best fits their skills and goals, and
also meets the needs of the Goodland Kitchen.  Task areas
include:  cooking, cleaning, teamwork, marketing (graphic design,
outreach, website management), community building, project
management, communication, accounting, event planning, database
management / administrative work, green business management, and
other duties as necessary.

Interns will also meet as a group, once per week, with the Community
Outreach Coordinator to discuss skills, goals, and topics of
interest. Topics will include: Kitchen Skills, Communication / Office
Skills, the Santa Barbara County Food Shed, Wild Edibles, Food
Preservation (Canning and Pickling), and others.

This is a non-paid internship. Interns that successfully complete the
10 week program will be given primary consideration when paid
positions become available.

TO APPLY: Please send resume / cover email to
<mailto:melissa at goodlandkitchen.com>melissa at goodlandkitchen.com.

DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday February 25th, 2011.  We will conduct
interview February 28th - March 4th.
INTERNSHIP START DATE: March 7, 2011. Goodland Kitchen's opening day
is March 14th, 2011.

To learn more about us, please visit
<http://www.goodlandkitchen.com/>www.goodlandkitchen.com.