[Scpg] West Coast Women's Permaculture Gathering in Cazadero, May 20-22

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Sun Feb 27 13:25:27 PST 2011

West Coast Women's Permaculture Gathering in Cazadero, CA May 20-22

Greetings Powerful Permie Women-

Registration is open for the next West Coast Women's Permaculture Gathering:
Sowing the Seeds of Women's Leadership and Growing a revolutionary paradigm.

The themes include Women's leadership, social permaculture, self-care and
growing a revolutionary paradigm.

It will happen May 20-22, 2011 in Cazadero CA at the Black Mountain Preserve
and Retreat Center (http://www.blackmountaincenter.com/).  Stay tuned for
more info as we solidify the schedule.

Nina Simons (Moonrise, Bioneers & Cultivating Women's Leadership),
Starhawk (The Last Wild Witch & Earth Activist Training),
Jude Hobbs (Cascadia Permaculture Institute & PI USA),
Kat Steele (Urban Permaculture Guild & Esalen Institute),
Jenny Pell (Community by Design & Permaculture Now!),
Carla Perez (Movement Generation & Permaculture for the People),
Pandora Thomas (Grind for the Green & Earth Seed),
Deborah Eden Tull (The Natural Kitchen: Your Guide to the Sustainable Food
Revolution),
Heather Flores (Food Not Lawns: How to Turn Your Yard into a Garden And Your
Neighborhood into a Community) are all confirmed to speak!
WOW!!

Also Rebecca Newburn of Richmond Rivets will coordinate a seed swap! There
will be room for all to speak and share ideas and projects through an Open
Space format, so come ready to share and participate.

We will update our website with other important details as they become
available.

The site is a breathtaking space surrounded by nature. The weekend will be
full of strong, powerful, committed women who share a vocabulary about
planetary consciousness that sets us apart.  This weekend will juice you up,
connect you to other extraordinary women, and inspire you to continue to
create the world we all know is possible!

We are creating a weekend of connecting, inspiring, playing and conjuring
with other women dedicated to a vision of the world where resources are
precious, relationships are priority, and beauty abounds!  Spreading what's
possible by implementing permaculture designs and principles throughout our
lives.  We will share what's happening in the various cities we live.  We
will inspire each other with the great projects we are spear-heading.  We
will support and offer resources and guidance to each other throughout the
weekend.

The first gathering was amazing. This one is sure to be equally incredible.
A bunch of permaculture minded rock star women all together for the weekend!
How could we go wrong?

We've tried to make it as affordable as possible while still covering
expenses.  Tickets prices range from $165-$350 depending on accommodations
and income.  Please pay at the highest level you can afford.  This helps us
offer work trade options and makes the future of this gathering sustainable
and not subsidized!

To Register for the event please visit our website at
www.westcoastwomenspc.weebly.com or use the following
link:http://womenspermaculture.eventbrite.com/

**If you have the means to contribute financially to help create this event
that would be appreciated (to help us support key note speakers travel,
provide scholarships, and make the event more smooth)

We are delighted to be creating this gathering and are looking forward to
sharing it with YOU!

Please spread the word! Please forgive cross posts.

Thank you for what you do and how you be!
Love,
Joan, Camille, Kat, and Melora

"There is one, and only one, solution, and we have almost no time to try it.
We must turn all our resources to repairing the natural world, and train all
our young people to help. They want to. We need to give them this last
chance to create forests, soils, clean waters, clean energies, secure
communities, stable regions, and to know how to do it from hands-on
experience"

"...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production,
even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this,
there is enough for everyone.
Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the
very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and
shelter."

- Bill Mollison
---

--