[Scpg] The ECONOMICS of HAPPINESS Thurs. March 10 7pm at the Center of the Heart in Santa Barbara

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Mar 4 20:29:07 PST 2011

The Economics of Happiness (in Santa Barbara)

HopeDance FiLMs and Center of the Heart presents

The ECONOMICS of HAPPINESS

FiLM & Discussion

Thurs March 10 7pm at the Center of the Heart in Santa Barbara

487 N. Turnpike Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93111

Trailer:
<http://www.hopedance.org/community-media/videos/722>
http://www.hopedance.org/community-media/videos/722

Cosponsored by Santa Barbara Permaculture
Network, Slow Food Santa Barbara, SB Wellness
Directory, Suburban Homesteader, Fairview
Gardens, Evolver Santa Barbara, Transition Santa
Barbara, and others TBA...

See the interview with the filmmaker at:
<http://www.hopedance.org/home/food-news/1948>
http://www.hopedance.org/home/food-news/1948

From: ISEC:

We're amazed at the response to the North
American launch of The Economics of Happiness

At the U.S. premiere in Seattle, Washington, 350
people crowded into the Town Hall – as many as
the hall could hold - despite an impending
snow-storm that could have cancelled the event.

At the Berkeley, California, launch, people
queued up around the block, and we filled not
only the main theater but an “overflow” room as
well.  We immediately arranged a second screening
in San Francisco a few nights later, which also
sold out.

In Portland, Oregon, we packed a venue to
capacity that held 850 – the organizers said that
they had never seen that kind of response to an
event there before.

In Toronto, Ontario, without much publicity,
again the auditorium was filled to capacity.

And in New York City, a series of snowstorms had
all but paralyzed the city in the days leading up
to our launch at the Great Hall at Cooper Union.
The day of the screening, Cooper Union announced
it was shutting down because of the snow, then
later announced that the Great Hall would remain
open for the screening.  Despite it all, more
than 600 showed up.

With the North American launch a wonderful
success, the film then moved on to Europe, with
packed houses in Ireland, Norway and England.

The film is reaching beyond "the choir." At every
screening, response to the film was
enthusiastically positive. Even at the Siskiyou
Film Festival in Grants Pass, Oregon – where no
one had heard of the film before the screening –
the organizers decided to do a second run
because, in their words, “it was, to say the
least, a hit.”

Coming up are launches in New Delhi, Bangkok, and
Tokyo, followed by a screening at the Green Film
Festival in Seoul, South Korea.

Join the growing number of people who are
organizing screenings in their own communities.
To cosponsor the screening in SLO and Santa
Barbara, contact us at
<mailto:bob.banner at gmail.com>bob.banner at gmail.com
.