[Scpg] what is the earth asking of us?

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Fri Mar 18 15:49:05 PDT 2011

_www.carolynbaker.net_ (http://www.carolynbaker.net)

PLANETARY TECTONIC PLATES SHIFTING: What Is The Earth  Asking of Us? By
Carolyn Baker

(a few excerpts)

...Earthquake experts  speculate that the monster quake in Japan and the
severe earthquake in New  Zealand last month may be indicative of the
activation of the _Pacific  Ring of Fire_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_ring_of_fire) , a large loop of  seismic and volcanic disturbance in the Asian
Pacific region. Additionally, I  need not remind Collapsenet readers of the
extreme weather we’ve been witnessing  in the past two years on every
continent. While some scientists deny the  significance of these events, any human
being who is willing to pay attention to  their intuition must not only
notice them but be compelled to ask: What does  this mean?

Subscribing to the _Gaia Hypothesis_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_theory_(science)) , I have argued...the Earth is a living, breathing organism
that similar  to the human species, may possess consciousness.
...Today, we are deeply embroiled in the  collapse of industrial
civilization, and one of the myriad indicators of that  collapse is the wave of
resistance and rebellion that is now sweeping the  planet, both in the Middle East
and in the United States...
...Could it be that Earth is communicating ferociously  to its inhabitants
the pain, rage, and disgust it experiences with a human  species that
refuses to recognize and live within the limits Earth has  prescribed?
...Therefore, I would ask every person  reading these words to take an hour
or more to cease whatever you are doing.  Find a very quiet place in
nature, and open your heart and mind to the Earth.  Ask the Earth to tell you what
it wants from you. Consider that there is  something important, even
urgent, that you came here to do. If you don’t yet  know what that is, or even if
you do, ask the Earth to tell you how you can do  what you came here to do
and do it even more consciously and more powerfully  than you ever have. Feel
your connection with Earth in every cell of your body.  Commit to loving
and protecting the Earth in every aspect of your life—what you  eat, what you
consume, and how you touch the lives of other members of the Earth
community from moment to moment.
Restoring our intimate connection with the  Earth does not guarantee
physical survival, but it does facilitate a sense of  meaning and purpose when the
planet’s tectonic plates are reverberating, and we  are reminded that Earth’
s rage on one side of the planet will invariably and  unimaginably impact
our side as well...
**Read Carolyn’s new book Navigating The Coming Chaos: A Handbook For
Inner Transition. You can order it through the Collapsenet website or at
_www.carolynbaker.net  _ (http://www.carolynbaker.net/) . Enroll in Carolyn’s
online  course on Navigating The Coming Chaos with Post Peak Living at:
_http://www.postpeakliving.com/navigating-coming-chaos-unprecedented-transitions_