[Scpg] "Naturally Building Your Nest" workshop Ventura APRIL 16th/APRIL 17th or 23rd

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Mar 28 21:21:09 PDT 2011

Naturally Building Your Nest

Wild Earth Builders, Carolyn Marie Hernandez and Carrie Campbell present...

Naturally Building Your Nest,  a workshop series
designed to support your empowerment to create
IN-spired, healthy space and build community.
Learn to design, resource, build, and organize
support for your “Nest” whether it be a
playhouse, office space, fairy garden room,
reorganizing a conventional space, sauna, etc.
Building experience is NOT a prerequisite!  Your
building project could coincide with the teaching
project.  Consultation will be available to
assist your progress as well as resourcing
community support.

These workshop experiences are offered to support
the feminine journey of being a co-creator of
life. (Workshops are not exclusive to women, but
will be grounded in the feminine principles of
BEING as we DO, INTUITIVE IN-SPIRATION, SACRED
INTENTION, etc.)

Come to the first workshop on the 16th!

NATURAL BUILDING DESIGN & Orientation  -  APRIL 16th  -  10-5

What are the questions to ask?  Where do you
start?  The workshop covers topics such as
permaculture principles, local resourcing,
IN-visioning, theory, building and code concerns,
materials choices, and design ideas. We will
playfully open to our deeper longing for NEST,
connecting as part of nature, creating community
bonds, and more.

PLAY IN THE MUD - Materials & Methods  -  APRIL 17th or 23rd  -  10-2

A hands-on experience to wake-up your natural
connection to the earth. Come and playfully join
us in connecting with local natural building
materials and methods. Activities will aid in
creating a model to further develop your vision
for your own natural building project.  Resource
packet included.

WORKSHOP LOCATIONS:

April 16th & 17th
The Art Barn
856 East Thompson Blvd.
Ventura, CA 93001

April 23rd

136 S. Arnaz Street
Ojai, CA 93023

REGISTRATION:
Cost: $30 per workshop
Register with:
Carolyn Marie Hernandez
carolynhernandez at netzero.net
805-312-2002

Some scholarships available

For more information:  Natural Building Network  www.nbnetwork.org

FUTURE WORKSHOPS:  Will include: WALL
SYSTEMS/SOILS, WINDOWS AND DOORS, FLOORS,
ROOFING, PLASTERS AND FINISH DETAILS. We will
begin a project from the ground up, foundation to
roof.  Ceremony will begin the process and
complete it, using all we have learned from
previous classes.  We all have gifts to bring
into the design and build process and we will
call these up as we go, both collaborating and
summoning the uniqueness of our creative selves!