[Scpg] Protest Against Diablo! Join Mothers for Peace this Saturday, April 16, Avila Beach

John Calvert jcalvert at crystal3.com
Tue Apr 12 06:03:18 PDT 2011

[please forward widely - spread the word!]

No More
Nuclear Victims

PROTEST against Diablo and stand up for clean energy.

Join Mothers for Peace at a peaceful demonstration on
Saturday, April 16.
Meet at Avila Pier in Avila Beach, CA, at noon.
(see trolley schedule below)

Bring signs and the messages that:

• We can no longer ignore the warnings from Fukushima Daiichi,
Chernobyl, and Three Mile Island

• Diablo Canyon is on shaky ground; the area is riddled with over a
dozen earthquake faults

• Nuclear Energy is not worth the risk to our lives and our planet

• Stop the license renewal process at Diablo

San Luis Obispo Mothers for Peace
http://www.mothersforpeace.org
(805) 773-3881
P.O. Box 3608
San Luis Obispo, CA 93403

download and distribute the flyer: http://mothersforpeace.org/April16protest.pdf

San Luis Obispo Mothers for Peace is a non-profit organization concerned with the local dangers involving the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant, and with the dangers of nuclear power, weapons and waste on national and global levels. Additionally, Mothers for Peace concerns itself with issues of peace, social justice and a safe environment.

Big NEWS: Diablo Canyon License Renewal DELAYED!
http://mothersforpeace.org/data/2011/diablo-canyon-license-renewal-delayed

Free Trolley Schedule:
Trolley runs from 10:00am-4:00pm

* Shell Beach Rd. @ Spyglass Dr. (Park in the neighborhood or on the street) :17 and :47 past each hour
* Ontario Rd. @ Bob Jones Bike Path (Park and Ride parking lot) :21 and :51 past each hour
* Ontario Rd. @ PG&E (Parking lot) :22 and :52 past each hour
* Avila Ocean Park - arrives :38 and :08 past each hour
* Avila Ocean Park - departs :10 and :40 past each hour