[Scpg] June 3-5 &June 17-19 Optical Surveying Advanced Permaculture Course with Tom Ward/Wolf Gulch, Southern Oregon

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Apr 13 20:54:25 PDT 2011

Greetings all permaculture enthusiasts,

It's time to check your calendar and make arrangements if you're
thinking of  coming to this course offered by Siskiyou Permaculture.
We hope you'll join us this June.

OPTICAL SURVEYING: Layout Skills for Earthworks and Water
Advanced Permaculture Course with Tom Ward
June 3-5 and June 17-19
6 day course held at Wolf Gulch, Southern Oregon
Cost: $500 includes camping; early registration by May 15th-$420
To register contact <mailto:sassetta at mind.net>sassetta at mind.net, 541-482-7909
Lots of information, including student reviews, on our website
at <https://sites.google.com/a/mind.net/siskiyou-permaculture/optical-surveying/course-description>siskiyoupermaculture.com

Optical Surveying offers essential skills for implementing
permaculture projects.  Tom Ward teaches the use of surveying tools,
kelyine, mapping, flaggin, staking, trails, ponds, swale building,
pump lift, water pressure, tools practice and the use of surveying
applications for permaculture projects.  The course is held at Wolf
Gulch Ranch where Tom has designed and surveyed trails, ponds,
swales, keyline terraces and water and irrigation systems for the
past 10 years.

This course is open to everyone with a working knowledge of
permaculture.  Those with a PDC certificate can get an Advanced
Permaculture Certificate for this course.
Also, a reminder that Siskiyou Permaculture is giving the last in our
2011 Free Saturday Series, and we'd love to have you join us.

Saturday April 23
CREATING COMMUNITY
7:00-9:00 pm at Peace House, 543 S. Mountain Ave., Ashland

What does it take for a community to persist and flourish and how do
we get there from here?  Melanie Mindlin, founder and resident of
Ashland Cohousing Community and Karen Taylor, formerly of Arcosanti,
explore eco-villages, intentional communities and how to create a web
of relationships that can build a new culture.  Tom Ward hosts the
discussion.