[Scpg] upcoming Permaculture Guild events May 14, 18

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Tue May 3 11:38:19 PDT 2011

More and more backyard fruit trees, food forests and polyculture  orchards
are popping up all over Santa Barbara!

The Permaculture Guild of Santa Barbara will be holding two  free events in
May. Everyone is invited and we're  especially eager for community members
who are working on small or large  food forests at home or for local
organizations (Mesa Harmony Garden, Alpha  Resource Center, Girls, Inc etc) to
attend and share their experiences and  questions.

1.  Saturday, May 14, 1- am - 1 pm:

        Tour of a local Backyard Food  Forest. RSVP only - call Larry for
directions at 451-4168.

2.  Wednesday, May 18, 7 pm - 8:45 pm at the  Watershed Resource Center at
Arroyo Burro Beach, 2981 Cliff Drive in Santa  Barbara.

        Video and discussion:  Permaculture Principles in a  Polyculture
Orchard. Australian permaculture teacher  Anneke van Graaf compares a natural
forest with a permaculture  food forest, showing us how permaculture princ
iples, derived from nature and  imitating how nature works, can be applied in
the orchard, the garden and our  lives.

The three permaculture principles she explores are
    *   Produce No Waste
    *   Use and Value  Diversity
    *   Obtain a Yield.
At this meeting we'll also hear from folks who've attended the recent
Southern California Permaculture Convergence in Malibu and other permaculture
events.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Mike Vergeer and Larry Saltzman, Co-Chairs
Permaculture Guild of Santa Barbara
_www.permacultureguildsb.org_ (http://www.permacultureguildsb.org)

"...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to  production,
even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do  this,
there is enough for everyone. Hence the futility of revolutionaries who  have
no gardens, who depend on the very system they attack, and who produce
words and bullets, not food and shelter."
~ Bill Mollison, co-creator of the  Permaculture concept