[Scpg] Help create a 'BUZZ' in Los Angeles, for Queen of the Sun: What are the Bees Telling Us? Theatrical Premiere!: South Coast Permaculture Guild

Amanda Elder amanda at collectiveeye.org
Tue May 17 16:39:47 PDT 2011

Dear Wes Roe  of South Coast Permaculture Guild,

We are proud to announce the National Theatrical Release of the new award-winning, grass-roots feature documentary, Queen of The Sun: What are the Bees Telling Us? a profound, alternative look at the global bee crisis from Taggart Siegel, critically acclaimed director of the grass-roots hit The Real Dirt on Farmer John. Recognized by Box Office Magazine as “The feel-good advocacy movie of the year.” View the trailer. Read recent notable press.

Queen of the Sun is premiering in Los Angeles, CA at the Laemmle for a ONE-WEEK screening beginning JUNE 17th!

We appreciate the work South Coast Permaculture Guild is doing, and would like to invite you to partner with Queen of the Sun to help raise awareness of the bee crisis. With your help in promoting this film, you are fostering positive change for the bees by helping build a global network of organizations that are working together to preserve the integrity of our planet.

Here are the ways that South Coast Permaculture Guild can be involved with Queen of The Sun's Los Angeles theatrical premiere:

-Share the information with your members through newsletters, events calendar, Facebook, Twitter etc.
-Display or distribute our promotional postcards.
-Add our link to your website  www.queenofthesun.com
-Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
-Co-Sponsor an ad in local media (promoting your organization and the film).
-Table in the theater lobby prior to the film screening.
-Introduce the film on a select night.

We would be honored to partner with South Coast Permaculture Guild through our grassroots effort to help reach your community about this important film. Below is a link to our electronic press kit and a few short blurbs and reviews that can easily be shared with your members for promotional use.

We look forward to hearing form you.

On behalf of the Bees, thank you for your help.

All the Best,

Amanda Elder
Queen Of The Sun
www.queenofthesun.com
Outreach Director
Collective Eye, Inc.
(503) 232-5345
(click here to view trailer)

PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL

SYNOPSIS:-----------------------------------------------------

QUEEN OF THE SUN: What are the Bees Telling Us? is a profound, alternative look at the global bee crisis from Taggart Siegel, acclaimed director of the grass-roots hit THE REAL DIRT ON FARMER JOHN. Taking us on a journey through the catastrophic disappearance of bees and the mysterious world of the beehive, this engaging and ultimately uplifting film weaves an unusual and dramatic story of the heartfelt struggles of beekeepers, scientists and philosophers from around the world including Michael Pollan, Gunther Hauk and Vandana Shiva. Together they reveal both the problems and the solutions in renewing a culture in balance with nature.

For your NEWSLETTER/ EMAIL --------------------------------------------------

Don't miss the new film “Queen of the Sun: What are the bees telling us?” premiering in in Los Angeles, CA at the Laemmle for a ONE-WEEK screening beginning JUNE 17th!

Queen of the Sun is a profound, alternative look into the problems and solutions of the global honeybee crisis from Taggart Siegel, the acclaimed director of the award-winning, grass-roots hit The Real Dirt on Farmer John. To view our Official Trailer click here. Box Office Magazine calls it,“The Feel-Good Advocacy Movie of the Year.” FOR MORE INFO VISIT:  WWW.QUEENOFTHESUN.COM

For your FACEBOOK------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you heard the BUZZ? “Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us?” is premiering in in Los Angeles, CA at the Laemmle for a ONE-WEEK screening beginning JUNE 17th!
This film is a profound, alternative look at the global honeybee crisis & what people can do to help, from Taggart Siegel, award-winning director of the grass-roots hit, The Real Dirt on Farmer John. FOR SHOW TIMES VISIT www.queenofthesun.com/screenings/

For your TWITTER-----------------------------------

#QUEENOFTHESUN "remarkable documentary"- Roger Ebert premiering @ the Laemmle Sunset 5 June 17! for screenings-> bit.ly/dESsun

REVIEWS/ PRESS-------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOWNLOAD OUR ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT BY CLICKING HERE

"A remarkable documentary that's also one of the most beautiful nature films I've seen."
-Roger Ebert

“Entertaining, gorgeous and relevant...”
-Shawn Levy, The Oregonian

“The Feel-Good Advocacy Movie of the Year”
-Box Office Magazine

“Stunning.. as soulful as it is scientific, as uplifting as it is alarming.”
-Film.com

“Inspiring, humbling, thought provoking and entertaining.”
-Biodynamics Magazine

“A wild, entertaining and thoughtful documentary. You are engulfed by wonder.”
-The Sun Break

“An irresistible romance about the essential role that honeybees play in maintaining earth’s fragile ecosystem. A cautionary tale with a hopeful outlook.”
- Jeff Shannon, The Seattle Times