[Scpg] Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op presents "The Cycle of Insanity: The Real Story of Water" at the Museum of Natural History Wed June 29, 2011

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 12:35:11 PDT 2011

The Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op presents a screening of "The Cycle
of Insanity: The Real Story of Water", followed by a discussion about
ideas and practical solutions to fix the water cycle in our local area.

The Cycle of Insanity is a short, animated film made by a
collaboration of creative and dedicated volunteers at the Surfrider
Foundation.
Several local Surfrider Foundation chapters
combined their talents and funds to create the film.

The premise of the film is that the water cycle we all learned about in
the 4th grade has been dramatically altered over time, leaving us with a
 broken system that wastes water and energy, pollutes our natural
waterways, harms critical marine life, and poorly deals with flooding
and other water management problems.

The film serves to take a holistic look at water management, highlight
controversial problems, and suggest solutions that integrate multiple
economic and environmental benefits. After the screening of the 20
minute film, Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op will facilitate a
discussion among audience members about ideas and solutions that are
already being implemented or could work in our local area, to move us
toward a healthier relationship with water.

The event takes place on Wednesday, June 29, 2011,
from 7:00-8:30 PM at the Museum of Natural History, in the Auditorium,
2559 Puesta del Sol, Santa Barbara 93105.
It is free and open to the public.  Donations are welcome.

for more information, please contact Barbara Wishingrad, Program Manager, Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op, at 805-403-4566 or bwishingrad at watershedmg.org, or visit the Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op webpage http://watershedmg.org/co-op/santa-barbara

"Magical kinship should be encouraged at all times, for it is what makes life bearable."
Caroline Casey