[Scpg] Farmageddon FiLM with Director and Q&A / June 23rd this Thursday in Santa Barbara

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Jun 22 12:14:08 PDT 2011

*Farmaggeddon*

What the government thinks is safe food and what you think is safe food
may not always coincide. Should you have the choice to make your own
health decisions?  If you answered yes, you probably ought to go see
this film.

Hopedance FILMS  is presenting the film

Film is being cosponsored by Santa Barbara Permaculture Network and
other groups in the community

*Farmageddon Film with Film Director and Q&A*

Thursday, June 23rd, 6:30pm

at the Westside Community Center
<http://www.hopedance.org/events/icalrepeat.detail/2011/06/23/5333>

*423 West Victoria Street (Victoria and Bath Sts.) Santa Barbara with
the film director Kristin Canty.*

*Suggested donation $10*

*Socializing and food grazing at 6:30*

* Film starts at 7pm
*

*
*

From:
http://www.ftcldf.org/news/Digest_Canty_Farmageddon_Trailer_111710.htm
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=7resugdab&et=1106125688891&s=534&e=001GOstImiCGXVh3xko1VzSVwG_haVjpFUZ62mUMSMwLF7bXAypKl1rdK3AIWz-8yRni0C0gN62q7DMxi2WaEbxl1G6bITgbb6aPCPbhLLBGUJcdjt_o7fdpm2aR5ekHT51bA5Z6a7DKdO4yXtFM2dMlQVepRnYXfLrPFhvwM4QBRmKmCQFqywU6A==>
:

Farmageddon is a documentary about the escalating fight for food rights
in America.

Farmageddon is truly the documentary movie that we've all been waiting
for. It's about raw milk, farm families harmed by the overreach of
government, food safety legislation, and consumer food rights.

Farmageddon is anticipated to awaken consumers much as did *"Food Inc
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=7resugdab&et=1106125688891&s=534&e=001GOstImiCGXV1AK_xEfIclO4Du2mZB6RGohgLH_s_0aCAYhDgSPhUKBRZI6XRPT-VgQ_O-0swWiGUclvYI7IhVul1uvJ1tVcGrMyAW2WieJz_4xz6wrlEpI3wmCIArrALcw2i-iFFUBP2ujVQAAB3aLVYZFj-c5HP>"*,
which was released in 2009. The 90 minute documentary includes
Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund Board Members - *Sally Fallon
Morell*, Gary Cox. Esq, Pete Kennedy, Esq., Judith McGeary, Esq., Tim
Wightman, members *Joel Salatin*, Mark McAfee and raided farm families
including the Stowers of Manna Storehouse, Mark and Maryanne Nolt of
Nature's Sunlight Farm,  the Smiths of Meadowsweet, the Faillaces of
Vermont and many others.

The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund attorneys staffing the emergency
hot line often receive calls from farmers during raids, and advise them
of their rights during the raids.

*Read more about farm raids*
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=7resugdab&et=1106125688891&s=534&e=001GOstImiCGXX1zmpFUvCCtqR3sjdb3m4OJdCUrTER96RlFUIz_XGIjUivWuOgHZxPFFwjhkigY5RJa4AyatxkI7Rea2wktjkS7upyjE3_L1I12UqwAmSxHJTTpDr_mIPEjwBN3KKw7rE=>.

*Joel Salatin*, author, farmer, featured in films such as /Food, Inc./
and /Fresh/, writes:

"Many of you have seen Food Inc. and Fresh.  Now it's time for the next
level: *Farmageddon*. Everyone should see this documentary because it
takes up where previous documentaries have ended by answering the
question: 'Why is local food pricey and hard to find?'  You deserve an
answer, and this hard hitting video delivers. I can't recommend it
heartily enough. Who owns your body?  What kind of terror do America's
food police inflict on heritage food providers?  This is strong
language, but we live in disturbing times.  You owe it to your children
to empower yourself with the truth about food safety and food choice.
Look at the dates and please go see this movie.

Tell them Joel sent you."

For more information, please go to:
http://www.hopedance.org/home/food-news/2032
for a brief interview with the film director:
http://www.hopedance.org/home/food-news/2026

TELL YOUR FRIENDS IN THESE AREAS:
HopeDance FiLMs presents...
The film will be screened in Simi Valley: June 22:
http://www.hopedance.org/events/icalrepeat.detail/2011/06/22/5350
We will also screen it in Templeton July 5:
http://www.hopedance.org/events/icalrepeat.detail/2011/07/05/5409
In Cotati on July 16:
http://www.hopedance.org/events/icalrepeat.detail/2011/07/16/5355

--

_______________________________________

Bob Banner

/Publisher & Director/

HopeDance Online & FiLMs

/Celebrating Transition, Opportunity, Laughter, Resilience, and Happiness/

SLO, Ojai, Buellton, Santa Maria, Ventura, Lompoc, Santa Barbara, CA .
805-762-4848

http://www.hopedance.org <http://www.hopedance.org/>

HopeDance at Transition CA:
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance

Follow us on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/yje5kct

Follow us at TWITTER: http://twitter.com/hopedance

TO SUBSCRIBE to any of our 25 listservs:
http://hopedance.org/component/content/article/1781

Evolver SLO: http://www.evolver.net/group/evolver_slo

Evolver Santa Barbara: http://www.evolver.net/group/evolver_santa_barbara

Laughter Yoga