[Scpg] Green Jobs and Training Opportunity for south Santa Barbara County residents; $250 subsidies available

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 11:31:54 PDT 2011

This is a revised announcement about our Water
Harvesting Certification Course with new information about subsidies we
are offering to south Santa Barbara County participants who are interested inbecoming Green
Living Co-op workshop instructors.  We would appreciate if you would
make this information known to those who may be interested in
participating and/or those who may benefit from this hands-on
experience.

Watershed Management Group  is
seeking to train new workshop instructors to help us launch our Green
Living Co-op in Santa Barbara. South Santa Barbara County residents who would like
to use their skills to work as a workshop instructor for WMG following
the completion of the Water Harvesting Certification course may be
eligible for a special $250 Instructor-in-training scholarship to help
defray the cost of the course.
If you are interested in this training opportunity, please explain your interest in becoming a workshop instructor on your course application.  More information follows in this email.
Water Harvesting Certification Course August
19-28; subsidies for south Santa Barbara County participants who are interested in becoming Green Living Co-op
workshop instructors.
This summer, Watershed Management Group will hold its first Water Harvesting
Certification course in Santa Barbara, California.
Priority will be given to applicants from Santa Barbara
and southern California.

One of our motivations in doing the WHC in the Santa Barbara is to
train local Co-op workshop instructors. Certification through our
course is a prerequisite for becoming a Co-op workshop instructor,
although not everyone who completes the course will be eligible for such a role. We want to work with potential instructors to determine if
their knowledge, experience, and availability will make them a good
candidate to be work with the Co-op.  We strive to create opportunities
for people to work with us, to benefit their personal circumstances as
well as those of Co-op members and the Santa Barbara community in
general

The course will be held from August 19-28 and applications will be
accepted
until July 15 or until all 15 spots are filled. The course fee is $1200; those interested in becoming Green Living Co-op workshop instructors
may receive a subsidy of $250 to bring the cost of the workshop down to
$950.  We presently have six openings in the course and are looking to
fill as many spots as possible with students from our local area.

The WMG Water Harvesting Certification provides a unique, hands-on 65-hour
curriculum in water harvesting systems design and construction, with an
emphasis on retrofitting urban areas while working in concert with the local
environment. The course teaches design, implementation, and installation of
greywater systems, water harvesting earthworks, and plastic and steel cisterns.

The WMG Water Harvesting Certification program provides the highest quality
and greatest depth of training in integrative water harvesting offered in the
nation. In the last two years, WMG has trained over 80 people through our Water
Harvesting Certification from throughout the U.S.,
Mexico, and Canada.

This Santa Barbara course will
feature sessions taught by a variety of experts including Santa Barbara’s Art Ludwig and Tucson’s
Brad Lancaster.

To learn more about the program, please visit our curriculum or program details pages
or contact Barbara Wishingrad, Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op Program Manager
at bwishingrad at watershedmg.org or 805-403-4566.

A more complete course announcement is attached to this email.

Thanks for your help in getting the word out about this unique opportunity for our area.
--
Barbara Wishingrad
Program Manager, Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op

"Magical kinship should be encouraged at all times, for it is what makes life bearable."
Caroline Casey