[Scpg] Tonight! free permaculture meeting on AQUAPONICS!

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Wed Jul 20 10:44:23 PDT 2011

Tonight, Wednesday July 20, 7 pm - 8:45 pm, the  Permaculture Guild of
Santa Barbara will hold a free event at the Watershed  Resource Center at Arroyo
Burro Beach, 2981 Cliff Drive in Santa Barbara.  (An open meeting of the
PGSB Steering Group will be held from 6-7)

Our topic this month is Aquaponics and we'll show a  video on "Aquaponics
Made Easy" and one on famed Austrian farmer Sepp Holzer's  permaculture-style
aquaculture ponds. Then we'll have a discussion on how new  ways of
providing this vital, healthy protein can be implemented here in Santa  Barbara. We
had hoped to have speakers from the community but so far none are
available this Wednesday, so if you have any experience please come and share  it.
And if you just have questions, come learn with us!

At this meeting we'll also welcome and congratulate the new graduates of
the SBCC  Permaculture Design Course!

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Mike Vergeer and Larry Saltzman, Co-Chairs
Permaculture Guild of Santa Barbara
_www.permacultureguildsb.org_ (http://www.permacultureguildsb.org/)

"...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to  production,
even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do  this,
there is enough for everyone. Hence the futility of revolutionaries who  have
no gardens, who depend on the very system they attack, and who produce
words and bullets, not food and shelter."
~ Bill Mollison, co-creator of the  Permaculture concept