[Scpg] Goodland Kitchen internship Goleta

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Fri Jul 29 14:09:13 PDT 2011

Goodland Kitchen:  LOCAL AGRICULTURE / COMMUNITY KITCHEN INTERNSHIP

Goodland Kitchen is hiring interns! Goodland Kitchen is a Community
Supported Kitchen in Goleta, California.

The Goodland Kitchen is committed to

- Local Agriculture, by supporting local farmers and creating our menu with
seasonal items.

- Sustainability, by making decisions that will have a positive
environmental, social, and economic impact.

- Education, by offering internship programs and cooking classes.

- Community Inclusiveness, by respecting all patrons and providing
affordable options.

About the Internship:

The Goodland Kitchen is hiring a team of interns to work at the first
Community Supported Kitchen on the South Coast. We are offering a 10 week,
non-paid internship where participants will learn how the food choices they
make on a day-to-day basis affect their local community.  We look for
interns who care about the environment, justice, local agriculture, and want
hands-on experience that they can apply to an environmental profession.

REQUIREMENTS: Interns will dedicate a minimum of 10 hours per week, for 10
weeks, in an area that best fits their skills and goals, and also meets the
needs of the Goodland Kitchen. Interns will meet as a group, once per week,
with the Community Outreach Coordinator to discuss skills, goals, and topics
of interest. Topics will include: Kitchen Skills, Communication / Office
Skills, the Santa Barbara County Food Shed, Wild Edibles, Food Preservation
(Canning and Pickling), and others.

Task areas include:  cooking, cleaning, teamwork, marketing (graphic design,
outreach, website management), community building, project management,
communication, accounting, event planning, database management /
administrative work, green business management, and other duties as
necessary.

This is a non-paid internship. Interns that successfully complete the 10
week program will be given primary consideration when paid positions become
available.

TO APPLY: Please send resume / cover email to melissa at goodlandkitchen.com.

DEADLINE TO APPLY: Tuesday August 16, 2011.  Please apply ASAP. To learn
more about us, please visit www.goodlandkitchen.com.