[Scpg] Green Economy and New Agrarians

David Fortson david at loatree.com
Thu Oct 20 14:50:53 PDT 2011

Good day all,

We have two upcoming events to put on your radar.

1. Van Jones - "Green for All: The Next American Economy", Saturday,
October 29th, Marjorie Luke Theater.  A benefit for Sustainable
Vocations.
Van, Obama's former Green Jobs Czar and founder of Rebuild the Dream,
comes to Santa Barbara to highlight a more sustainable, just economy.
Van is a powerful voice for building a more just and sustainable
America.  This is a great opportunity to partake in a national
conversation right here in our own town.

Tickets are $10 for students and $20 general admission and on sale
here: http://www.lobero.com/calendar/index.php?display=event&id=713&returnto=list

For more information: http://loatree.com/2011/08/25/loatree-presents-van-jones-green-for-all-the-new-american-economy/

Proceeds benefit the good work of Sustainable Vocations.
(sustainablevocation.org).

2. 10th Anniversary Quivira Coalition Conference: New Agrarians,
November 8 - 11, Albuquerque, New Mexico.  Featuring Bill McKibben of
350.org and over a dozen "New Agrarians" under the age of 37.

Climate change, local food, holistic rangeland management,
Permaculture on the Hopi Reservation and more..a wide arrary of
workshops and lectures on the future of farming and ranching.
Schedule is here: http://quiviracoalition.org/10th_Anniversary_Conference/Conference_Schedule/index.html

Cheers,

David
LoaTree