[Scpg] Sacred Hunting Workshop at Quail Springs Dec 3 & 4

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Sun Nov 13 16:07:37 PST 2011

Please Join us for our upcoming Sacred Hunting Workshop

With Justin Starting

Saturday & Sunday, December 3rd & 4th, 2011

At Quail Springs

Cost: $250 (some work-trade positions available)

An apprentice in the Huichol tradition, Justin has taught the art of
building relationships with the natural world through the practical skills
of our ancestors for many years.

The Sacred Hunting workshop is designed to explore our ancestors'
relationship to the land through the art of traditional hunting. By
cultivating this relationship of respectful exchange we can deepen our
understanding of what it means to live sustainably and remember our place in
nature. Among the topics we will explore are:

- Nature awareness skills

- Traditional fire starting

- Tracking and Stalking

- Intro to the bow and instinctive shooting

- Listening and cultivating and understanding of animal language

- How to honor the animals' sacrifice with heartfelt exchange

- How to hunt in harmony with the land

- How sustainability lived by our ancestors can be a model for the future

This workshop will be a combination of instruction, group discussions, and
hands-on experience in the field.

REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT INFORMATION

The cost of this workshop is $250. Please contribute as much as you're able
to as we endeavor to honor and value these teachings and the teachers, as
well as give back to this land through caretaking. Also, consider funding
someone you care about to experience this life-changing workshop. We'll have
a few partial work trade positions for those who need to pay a reduced rate.

To register, please contact Whitney at whitney at quailsprings.org.  include
the following information in your email:

1)      Full name 2)mailing address 3)phone 4)email address to use for
sending details 5)any dietary restrictions or allergies

When you are ready to complete your registration, please make payment to
secure your spot. To do this:

Please mark "Sacred Hunting December" to indicate the purpose of your
payment.

Also note the name/s of the individuals attending the workshop if payment is
made under a different name.

You may make a check out to "Quail Springs" and mail it to Quail Springs,
35070 HWY 33, Maricopa, CA, 93252

Or you can pay online with a debit or credit card at
<http://www.quailsprings.org/payments> www.quailsprings.org/payments

Payment for this workshop is due by November 20th, 2011. Let us know ASAP if
you are interested in partial work-trade positions. Before November 20th,
2011, payments are refundable minus a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds after
November 20th, 2011. (In the event the workshop is cancelled, all payments
will be refunded in full.)

Contact Whitney at Whitney at quailsprings.org with questions.

 <http://www.quailsprings.org/> http://www.quailsprings.org
 <mailto:whitney at quailsprings.org> whitney at quailsprings.org