[Scpg] SLO Fri Dec 30 10am Madonna Inn. Mark Lakeman's presentation on Portland's "Dignity Village"

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Dec 28 09:48:16 PST 2011

Mark Lakeman's presentation on Portland's "Dignity Village"

RSVP: 805/234-5478 / beckyrjorgeson at yahoo.com /Becky Jorgeson by thurs
Dec 29 by NOON f

Friday, 30 December 2011, 10:00am Mondona Inn 100 Madonna Road. San Luis
Obispo, CA 93405

SEE THE VIDEO at http://www.hopedance.org/community-media/videos/1100

Hello Fellow Homeless Advocates: We've rescheduled the meeting for Mark
Lakeman's presentation to our Sheriff on Portland's "Dignity Village"
for this Friday, December 30th at 10:00am at the Madonna Inn. (The room
location is to be determined - if you enter the building through the
door by the fountains, we'll direct you to the meeting area).

We invite you all to come hear about this successful village that Mark
established ten years ago where formerly homeless people now live in
dignity and peace. Their village is run as a nonprofit -- self-governed,
and self-sustained. There is zero tolerance for drugs, alcohol or crime.
Residents live in their own small structures they enjoy as homes which
require no building permits due to the fact that they're considered
temporary, and because of their size (less than 120 square feet). These
structures must meet fire and health regulations, but are not a problem
as far as code violations are concerned. The possibilities are endless
for this village -- structures could initially be temporary, and later
transition to permanent. We could have Cal Poly (and high school)
students involved in the planning, and help build cottages, tiny houses,
adobe structures, yurts -- all utilizing sustainable building concepts.
We could be as proud of the way we house our homeless people in SLO
County as we are of our Performing Arts Centers, our wineries, or the
Bob Jones Trail.

This is what we've needed in SLO County for a very long time. And the
time has come today.

Please feel free to email this to others who are interested. And please
come show your support for this endeavor.

(Please RSVP by Thursday, December 29th at noon.)

[Editors note: If you need to see any articles about Mark Lakeman and
his various projects at City Repair in Portland at the hopedance site,
please visit HERE .]

~~~~~~~~~
Mark Lakeman is a founder and sustainer of numerous world-changing
initiatives and organizations, including The City Repair Project, the
Village Building Convergence, Communitecture, Inc, Dignity Village, and
the new Planet Repair Institute. Each of these entities is an
aggressive, multi-disciplinary creative culture, working in partnership
with numerous others. All of Mark’s work engages and inspires
place-based communities to creatively transform the social and
environmental infrastructure of the public commons and private realms
where people live. Often featuring permaculture or natural building
techniques, each local initiative builds relational networks while
leaving big footprints on the path to a better world.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU ON THIS VERY EARLY CHRISTMAS
MORNING, DECEMBER 25, 2011
Becky Jorgeson, M.A., Advocate for People Without Access to SLO Homeless
Services

SEE THE VIDEO at http://www.hopedance.org/community-media/videos/1100

Contact : 805/234-5478 / beckyrjorgeson at yahoo.com