[Scpg] Wed Feb 15 - "Community Cooperatives"

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Mon Feb 6 13:27:51 PST 2012

    _From  Barbara Wishingrad_
(http://www.facebook.com/n/?profile.php&id=609630704&mid=59a417eG3e126968G31b2a7dG96&bcode=AuP1IV18&n_m=lbuzzell@aol.com)

Next Permaculture Guild of Santa Barbara Meeting:

Community Meeting with Local Cooperatives and Alternative Economic Models,
Wednesday February 15, 7-9:00 PM, Ayni Gallery, 216 State St, Santa
Barbara,  co-sponsored with Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op.

Due to an expected  large turnout for the event, we will meet at the Ayni
Gallery, not the Watershed  Resource Center, for our February meeting only,
and we are extending the time of  our gathering until 9PM.

There will be a panel of representatives from a  variety of local
cooperative ventures and alternative economic models, who will  explain our models
and how people in the Santa Barbara area can get involved.  The panel will
consist of the Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op, the IV Food  Co-op, Bici
Centro, the Santa Barbara Timebank, The Santa Barbara Student  Housing Co-op, the
Yes! Store, and a broader Community Co-op that is in the  visioning stage.

The meeting will include three stages: presentation of  the different
models in panel forum, discussion and interaction between everyone  present with
ideas and projects also arising from community members, and then  time for
free flowing unstructured networking, conversation, and collaborative
planning

For more information or questions please contact Barbara  Wishingrad at
bwishingrad at watershedmg.org or 805-403-4566.

This will be a  dynamic event and we look forward to seeing you  there!