[Scpg] Ventura County / Ojai Valley First Annual Community Seed Swap!

All Good Things Organic Seeds agtoseeds at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 08:29:02 PST 2012

Good Morning South Coast Permaculturists, Gardeners & Farmers,

Join Us for Ventura County / Ojai’s Own First Annual Community Seed Swap!

* *

*“Within each and every seed lies immeasurable potential and limitless
possibility. To ponder this, and to hold a seed in your hand without even
the smallest sense of humility, is to tragically miss the point.” – Winston
Lacewing*

(Ojai, CA ~ Jan. 27, 2012)  Spring is coming, and what better time to
gather in the beautiful Ojai Valley to share seeds! All gardeners and
farmers – both current and aspiring – are invited to join in the fun on
Saturday, February 25, at 1:00 p.m.  Bring your seeds, bring your stories,
and bring your passion for growing food to the Chaparral Auditorium located
at 414 E. Ojai Ave., Ojai.

Ojai’s First Annual Community Seed Swap will begin with a short talk by *Justin
Huhn*, co-founder of *All Good Things Organic
Seeds*<http://www.agtoseeds.com>– southern California’s bioregional
organic seed company.
Justin will share the basic “how-to’s” for beginner seed-savers and delve
into the importance of seed saving to any community.

The tradition of sharing seeds is as old as agriculture itself.  Seed is
both our common cultural heritage and a living natural resource. In this
modern age of the centralization of power and consolidation of our food
supply, the simple act of saving seeds has become an important act of
resistance and social empowerment. The responsibility is ours to preserve,
steward, and share our bioregional genetic resources.

Bioregional resilience cannot exist without a local, sustainable
agriculture.  The resilience and longevity of any sustainable agricultural
system relies on the stewardship of genetically-diverse, locally-adapted
seeds. The time is NOW to come together and collectively protect that which
sustains us all!

If you have a substantial offering of seeds to share and would like table
space for your seeds, please arrive no later than 12:45. This event is
hosted by All Good Things Organic Seeds and the Ojai Valley Green Coalition.
We hope to see you February 25 at Chaparral. For more information, please
contact Justin Huhn at 805-758-3184 or agtoseeds at gmail.com. To learn more
about All Good Things Organic Seeds go to www.agtoseeds.com.

--
www.agtoseeds.com

(805) 758-3184

*"I hope not without a seed in my hand."* - Winston Lacewing