[Scpg] Seed Saving Workshop – All Good Things Organic Seeds – NEW DATE: Saturday, June 23rd.

All Good Things Organic Seeds agtoseeds at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 23:02:19 PDT 2012

*new, later date:*
*

Introduction to Seed Saving

Basic plant-breeding concepts and practices – a hands-on workshop

Taught by: Justin Huhn, co-founder of All Good Things Organic Seeds

Growing your own seed is a time-tested gardening tradition, and an
important step towards individual and community self-sufficiency. This
workshop will focus on basic seed-saving concepts that home gardeners can
use to grow and save their own seed. Attendees will have an opportunity to
get their hands dirty, and experience seed harvesting, processing,
cleaning...saving!

In this workshop, we will discuss:

   -

   ·      Basic plant taxonomy, reproduction and pollination methods of the
   different popular garden-plant species
   -

   ·      Open-Pollinated, Heirloom, Hybrid & GMO – explained
   -

   ·      Selecting/breeding for desired variety characteristics
   -

   ·      How to ensure proper pollination for positive fruit and seed set
   -

   ·      Which varieties can we grow in this climate for seed?
   -

   ·      Which varieties are best for garden-scale seed growing?
   -

   ·      Why every gardener should be a seed saver!
   -

   ·      How to save vigorous, quality seeds

Where: Mano Farm, 999 Fairview Rd.  Ojai, CA

When: Saturday, June 23rd 9:00a-1:00p

Cost: $35 – lunch included.

For more information, call Justin at (805)-758-3184 or email
agtoseeds at gmail.com. Pre-registration is required – please register by
email. Space is limited to fifteen attendees, so register early!

Justin Huhn is a farmer & passionate seed-saver. He is co-founder of Mano
Farm and All Good Things Organic Seeds in Ojai, CA.
*
--
www.agtoseeds.com

(805) 758-3184

*"I hope not without a seed in my hand."* - Winston Lacewing