[Scpg] Mesa Harmony Garden - June 2nd

Hugh Kelly hkelly at talk21.com
Wed May 23 12:22:25 PDT 2012

HandsLogo.jpgMesa Harmony Garden

MARK YOUR CALENDARS.

Our next Volunteer Day is Saturday June 2nd when we combine work in the
garden with the Mesa Neighborhood Exchange. Bring your surplus home-grown
fruit and veggies to share, meet up with neighbors and get involved with the
Mesa community's very own food forest to feed the hungry.

This month we will have the benefit of a workshop with HOLLY REDMOND, a
regular volunteer at the garden who is also a horticulturist, garden
consultant and permaculture designer. Holly will be sharing her expertise in
the practicalities of gopher management.

?What's keeping us busy in the garden this month?

- We'll be continuing with our summer fruit-tree maintenance.

- We'll be investigating the use of holographic tape to deter airborne fruit
raiders.

- And of course. Mulching. Weeding. Weeding. Mulching. Mulching .

See flyer attached - please post wherever seems appropriate.

Thanks for all your support.

Hugh

Hugh Kelly
---