[Scpg] June 2 This Saturday: Mesa Harmony Garden

lakinroe at silcom.com lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed May 30 19:03:34 PDT 2012

This Saturday: Mesa Harmony Garden

Mesa Harmony Garden

Don’t forget…

Our next Volunteer Day is Saturday June 2nd when we combine work in the garden with the Mesa Neighborhood Exchange … Bring your surplus home-grown fruit and veggies to share, meet up with neighbors and get involved with the Mesa Community's very own food forest to feed the hungry.

This month we will have the benefit of a workshop with HOLLY REDMOND, a regular volunteer at the garden who is also a horticulturist, garden consultant and permaculture designer. Holly will be sharing her expertise in the practicalities of gopher management .

?What's keeping us busy in the garden this month?

- We'll be continuing with our summer fruit-tree maintenance.

- We'll be investigating the use of holographic tape to deter airborne fruit raiders.

- And of course… Mulching. Weeding. Weeding. Mulching. Mulching …

 hope to see you there.

Thanks for all your support.

Hugh

Hugh Kelly