[Scpg] YOU TUBE/Ron Finley: Food Forest Los Angeles

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu May 31 05:50:30 PDT 2012

Ron Finley: Food Forest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5dhdAgLPMUQ

This film tells the story of a South Los Angeles edible garden planted
in a surprising spot. Ron Finley, its planter, constructed the garden
the way he wishes his neighborhood could be. And his vision of
repurposing unused open space, like that of many others working together
on urban agriculture in our city, should inspire us all, and remind us
of how, with a little creativity of vision, and willingness to get our
hands dirty, we can remake spaces defined by asphalt and dead grass into
productive places of beauty.

TO LEARN MORE about Teaching Gardens:
http://www.calendow.org/etemplate.aspx?id=5917&ItemID=5917
http://www.heart.org/teachinggardens

TO LEARN MORE about the food movement in Los Angeles and how to get
involved visit the Los Angeles Food Policy Council:
http://www.goodfoodla.org