[Scpg] BIRTH 2012 global event - and local events

Michel Saint-Sulpice misasu at silcom.com
Tue Jul 24 21:29:42 PDT 2012

Hello, Gaia Lovers and Permaculture Practitioners,

I would like to let you know about the global BIRTH 2012 event that Barbara
Marx Hubbard - in cooperation with The Shift Network - is planning and about
our local SB BIRTH 2012 Santa Barbara event.
See BIRTH 2012 website: http://birth2012.com/
See trailer and fundraiser: http://www.indiegogo.com/birth2012

Because the BIRTH 2012 message is universal and addresses the positive,
inventive, creative, regenerative, healing, loving, peaceful and joyful
Spirit of all humans, we want to make this event successful.

The status of SB BIRTH  2012 is the following:
1 - Because this event is 3 days before Christmas and because a number of
Santa Barbara people will be attending the LA BIRTH 2012 event, we will keep
SB BIRTH 2012 "small".
2 - So far, we are thinking of a 2 hour (or more) event at the Fe Bland
Auditorium at SBCC.
3 - We are in the process of creating a website for this Santa Barbara
event: www.SBBirth2012.org

However, we are also talking about SB BIRTH 2012 being a largely
self-organizing network of celebrations, events, workshops and parties in
multiple locales, finding their connectivity virtually and through any media
outlets we can snare. There could be a number of events scheduled during the
month of December and LEADING TO DEC. 21 as well as events scheduled after
Dec. 21 and INTO 2013 AND INTO THE YEARS/DECADES AHEAD.

This is why I feel that we, "permies", could ride the BIRTH 2012 energy wave
and create events of any kind in whichever city, county or community we live
in to inform/educate more people about Permaculture as one of the leading
technologies (if I may use this word) that can save our planet and
ourselves.

Our next meeting in Santa Barbara will be Wednesday, August 01 at 7:15 pm.
Please tell me if you are interested to join the meeting or to communicate
with me so that I can report at the meeting.
PLEASE RESPOND TO ME DIRECTLY at misasu at silcom.com

Thank you very much.
Michel Saint-Sulpice
805-695-8582