[Scpg] Composting of Dismay into Dynamism/Democratic Convention with Caroline Casey

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Sep 4 06:24:27 PDT 2012

for fans of Caroline Casey (always a speaker at annual Bioneers
conference), an alternative view of the democratic convention offered

It doesn't matter what the changing demographics are, it only matters
who actually votes!

Democratic Convention Coverage
Calling All Compassionate Tricksters!

Visionary Activist Caroline W. Casey will be broadcasting
Coyote Network News Democratic Convention Coverage
on Pacifica Radio Network
each night of the Democratic Convention:
Tuesday September 4th
Wednesday September 5th,
Thursday September 6th
at 11:30 pm EDT, 8:30 pm PDT

"We want to conjure, not only the un-leashing of Obama in 2nd term,
(We need not approve, in order to note: Lincoln never mentioned
slavery first term) but even more sizzly, the un-leashing of Michelle
(FDR needed Eleanor's kick-butt.)
and most importantly - the un-leashing of each one of us as agents of
critique, vision, dynamism.

We each have a magic mirror: Necessary Secular Critic holds up a
mirror - "look, it sucks-in detail."...Trickster Within, with wave of
hand, turns the mirror into a window - "Look how beautiful it could
be!" And with another wave of the hand turns the window into a door -
"Let's go!"

Our task, regardless of our customized degree of "disappointed"
harumphitude (and remember we each have a portable
harumphitude-composter, whereby to create rich nutrient for the
culture of Reverent Ingenuity, to which we are dedicated.) is to
cultivate, animate, magnetize, and spiral forth the most irresistibly
all inclusive desirable story into the memosphere.

We gather to Inaugurate (from "augur, the diviner in each one of us,
who would discern how best to cooperate with nature, and then
"inaugurate") the best guiding story of reverent cahooting for the
well-being and safety of all our relations... Voting is a magical act
of dedicated participation, and we are always voting for reality, via
our thoughts, words, metaphors, and $.

We understand the context of this election, necessary composting of
dismay into dynamism; the experiment in democracy is on the line,
Koch Brothers etc. ready to just buy this thing, Our task, in cahoots
with Trickster, keeper of democracy, is to prevent that ("against all
odds re the odds that Trickster likes," - so now is perfect)."

after Caroline's 5 minutes,
The Pacifica Team will open up the conversation to everyone,
by calling
1-800-958-9008
or e-mailing
<mailto:conventions at pacifica.org>conventions at pacifica.org

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

PlPlease consider the environment before printing this email.