[Scpg] Starhawk's Upcoming Schedule

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Oct 3 06:13:23 PDT 2012

*Starhawk's Upcoming Schedule*

*At a Glance:

*Oct 3: Transition Town teleseminar : "Heart and Mind of the Circle" (free!)
Oct 12-14:  Northern California Permaculture Convergence, Oakland, Calif.
Oct 27:  Samhain Spiral Dance, San Francisco
Nov 4:  Chicago Bioneers: "The Magic of Co-creation: Building Power in
Groups"
Nov 10:  San Francisco Green Festival: "Sacred Activism" and "The Role
of Non-Violent Civil Disobedience"
Nov 11:  Gala We'Moon Salon, San Francisco (free!)
Nov 17-18: UU of Reading, Penn.: "The Magic of Co-creation: Building
Power in Groups," and "Earth Spirit, Earth Justice" (free!)
Nov 21:  Peacemaker Circles teleconference
Nov 30: "Governance and Consensus Decision-making" Community Forum,
Calgary, Canada
Dec 9:  "Winter Dreams," afternoon workshop and evening Winter Solstice
ritual, Los Angeles
Dec 16:  Winter Solstice Ritual, Sebastopol, Calif.
Jan 6-20:  Earth Activist Training, Cazadero, Calif.
Jan 24:  Direct Democracy with Occupy Santa Rosa
Feb10:  "Lessons from The Fifth Sacred Thing," at Conscious Life Expo,
Los Angeles
Feb14 -15:  evening talk and all-day workshop at Women of Wisdom
conference in Seattle
Feb 17-18: PantheaCon, San Jose, Calif.
Mar 8-10: "The Magic of Co-Creation: Building Power in Groups " a
weekend workshop at Rowe, Mass.

*Once More, with Details:
*/Please check www.starhawk.org /
/for updates and additions.

/*Wednesday, October 3*
Starhawk will lead a teleseminar for Transition Town US.  "Heart and
Mind of the Circle"
      Working in groups of equals is the heart of our work to change the
world. We value community, yet groups are often very challenging places
to be. How do we create groups and organizations that are warm and
welcoming, that value and empower participants, and that bring out the
best in each of us? In this teleseminar, we'll explore the personal
sustainability that is the ground of effectiveness. We'll consider
social permaculture--the principles and agreements that lead to healthy
and functional groups---as well as the agreements we make with each
other, the way we make decisions, and how we handle the conflicts that
inevitably arise.
Time: 5:00 - 6:15 p.m. Pacific time
Cost: Free
Preregister to receive dial-in number and PIN:
http://transitionus.org/event/heart-mind-circle

*Friday - Sunday, October 12-14*
Starhawk will speak and teach at the Northern California Permaculture
Convergence. This year's theme is "Building Bioregional Resiliency."
Location: GreenFriends Farm, west of Oakland, California
Cost: varies, scholarships available.
For more information: http://permacultureconvergence.com

*Saturday, October 27*
33rd annual Spiral Dance in San Francisco, the Reclaiming community's
Samhain celebration. As the darkness closes in, come dance the spiral
that renews the world.
Time: Doors open 6:00 p.m., Ritual 7:30 p.m.
Location: Kezar Pavilion near Haight and Stanyan Streets
Cost: $20-$100 sliding scale; volunteering available
For more information: http://reclaimingspiraldance.org

*Sunday, November 4*
Great Lakes/Chicago Bioneers
Morning Plenary: "The Magic of Co-creation: Building Power in Groups"
     From Cairo to Wall Street, all over the world people are coming
together to create change, organizing without top-down leadership or
hierarchies. Such circles can be enormously creative and empowering, but
they can also be cumbersome and frustrating. Yet when they work well,
they liberate our imagination and change the world. Starhawk draws on
four decades of experience in circles and collectives to show us how to
foster connection, clear communication and positive power in ourselves
and our groups.
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
      Afternoon Panel Discussion with Starhawk, Mark Lakeman, and Nance
Klem.
Time: 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Conference location: University of Illinois, Chicago
Cost: varies, student discounts
For more information: http://chicagobioneers.org

*Saturday, November 10*
San Francisco Green Festival. Catch Starhawk at:
      11:10 - 11:55 a.m.: *Opening Water Ritual*
      Noon: *"Sacred Activism:* An Interfaith Dialogue on Creating a
Just and Healthy Planet for All"
Leaders of faith have worked to defend our planet and have seen all as
sacred. In this time of cataclysmic change, people are looking deeply to
discover that which compels them to stand up with courage for the well
being of all--on behalf of life itself. This panel will awaken a
dialogue about the power of spirit in action.
     Look for *Booksigning*, mid-afternoon.
      3:00 - 4:00 p.m "Upping the Ante to Defend People & Planet: *The
Role of Non-Violent Civil Disobedience" *
Panelists: Dolores Huerta, Gopal Dayaneni, and Starhawk.
>From Civil Rights to Labor and the Occupy movements, nonviolent civil
disobedience has played a key role in changing the course of history.
Where is it being employed effectively now, but not reported on? How do
we address the issue of race and class privilege in regards to this
tactic? Since we know we must up the ante, where will we find the
courage to move from talk to action?
      Also look for Starhawk at the *Earth Activist Training
booth*--stop by and say hello.
Location: San Francisco Concourse Building on Brannan and 8th (SOMA)
For more information: http://greenfestivals.org

*Sunday, November 11*
*Gala We'Moon Salon,* celebrating 30 years of publication of the We'Moon
datebook. Starhawk will join feminist artists and writers, including
Luisah Teish and Vicki Noble, for a luscious evening of art, prose,
inspiration, comedy, and song.
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: The Dance Mission Theater, 3316 24th (at Mission St.), San
Francisco
Cost: free
For more information: email vickinobleone[at]yahoo[dot]com

*Saturday & Sunday, November 17-18*
Starhawk will lead a workshop and be a keynote speaker at the Unitarian
Universalist "Association Sunday" in Central Pennsylvania.
     Saturday: *"The Magic of Co-creation: Building Power in Groups"
*(NOTE: Workshop is full. *Inquire about waiting list.*)
Time: 9:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
Location: First Unitarian Universalist Church of Berks County, 416
Franklin Street, Reading, Pennsylvania.
for information, email: sandrafees[at]verizon[dot]net
     Sunday Worship Service: *"Earth Spirit, Earth Justice"*
      We live in tough times, for the Earth and those who love her. What
does the concept of the Goddess mean in such times? What aspects and
images can inform us, sustain us, and give us healing and hope? Some of
our greatest allies may be the lowly life forms of fungi and beneficial
microorganisms. Let's identify and invoke the great powers working with
us for the healing of the Earth.
Time: 10:30 a.m. - noon, followed by reception and book signing
Location: Conrad Weiser High School, 44 Big Spring Road, Robesonia,
Pennsylvania.
Cost: Free with donation, no pre-registration needed.

*Wednesday, November 21*
Starhawk will talk at a *Peacemaker Circles* teleconference. Please
check back for details.

*Friday, November 30*
Keynote address at the "Governance and Consensus Decision-making"
*Community Forum in Calgary, Canada. *Presented by CommunityWise.
Possible Saturday workshop, too. Please check back for details.
For more information, email: contact[at]communitywise[dot]net.

*Sunday, December 9
"Winter Dreams":* Starhawk will join Los Angeles Reclaiming for an
afternoon workshop and evening Winter Solstice ritual, with spiral dance.
For event information and updates please visit
http://ReclaimingLA.org/ or email laurie[at]lovekraft[dot]com.
*
Sunday, December 16*
Starhawk will join North Bay Reclaiming for the *25th Annual Winter
Solstice Ritual. *
Location: Sebastopol Grange Hall, 6000 Highway 12, in Sebastopol, California
Time: 7:00 p.m.
For more information: http://northbayreclaiming.com

*January 6-20, 2013
Earth Activist Training*
        A two-week permaculture design certificate course with a focus
on organizing and activism, and a grounding in earth based spirituality.
Learn how to heal soil and cleanse water, how to design human systems
that mimic natural systems, using a minimum of energy and resources and
creating real abundance and social justice. Explore the strategies and
organizing tools we need to make our visions real, and the daily
practice, magic and rituals that can sustain our spirits. Participatory,
hands-on teaching with lots of ritual, games, projects, songs, and
laughs along with an intensive curriculum in ecological design.
        Taught by Starhawk and Charles Williams, with guest teacher Erik
Ohlsen
Location: Black Mountain Preserve, Cazadero, California
Cost: $1600- $1900 US sliding scale (early bird price), includes food
and lodging. Some worktrade available--apply early!
Information: http://earthactivisttraining.org. Email:
earthactivisttraining[at]gmail[dot]com. Phone 1-800-381-7940.

*Thursday, January 24*
Starhawk will take part in a panel discussion on Direct Democracy.
Presented by Occupy Santa Rosa Free School Working Group. Location to be
announced, in Santa Rosa, California. Please check back for details.

*Sunday, February 10, 2013*
Starhawk will present at the *Conscious Life Expo, Los Angeles.*
*"Lessons from The Fifth Sacred Thing,"* plus a workshop TBA,
booksignings, and screening of a Belili film co-created by Starhawk.
Please check back for details.
Location: LAX Hilton
Cost: varies, from $20 - $275.
For more information: http://consciouslifeexpo.com/.february-2013-expo

*Thursday - Friday, February 14 - 15, 2013*
Starhawk will present an evening talk on Feb. 14 and an all-day workshop
on Feb. 15 at the *Women of Wisdom* conference in*Seattle*. Please check
back for details.
For more information: http://womenofwisdom.org

*Sunday - Monday, February 17 - 18, 2013*
Starhawk will be at *PantheaCon.* This year's theme is "Co-operation,
Tolerance & Love." Please check back for details.
Location: Doubletree Hotel, San Jose, California
Cost for four-day pass: $55 (until Sept. 15), $65 (until Jan. 15), or
$75 after Feb. 1. Lodging and meals additional.
For more information: http://pantheacon.com

*Friday - Saturday, March 8-10, 2013 *
*"The Magic of Co-Creation: Building Power in Groups " a weekend
workshop at Rowe.*
     Working together in groups can be the most inspiring, empowering
and ecstatic experiences of our lives. To change the world, we need to
do it together. Yet over and over again, this happens--a group of people
come together, fired up with passion to create change. They begin with
huge inspiration and enthusiasm--and a year later, it's all foundered in
the mire of conflict. We could have changed the world ten times over--if
we didn't have to do it together with other people, those irritating,
self-righteous, controlling, fluff-brained, clueless idiots who are our
friends and allies.
        But we can do better. In her latest book, /The Empowerment
Manual, A Guide for Collaborative Groups,/ Starhawk draws on four
decades of experience in circles and collectives to show us how to
foster connection, clear communication and positive power in ourselves
and our groups.
        In this weekend workshop, we will use the tools of magic,
meditation, trance, and ritual to explore issues of personal and social
power. We'll look at ways to create nurturing and healing group
structures, to deal with difficult people and embrace constructive
conflict. We'll raise and focus group energy to celebrate our
connectedness and nurture resilient communities that can be joyful and
effective agents of change.
Location: Rowe Conference Center, 22 Kings Highway, Rowe, Massachusetts
Cost: sliding scale $205 -305, plus meals and lodging ($95 - $335,
depending on choices). Barter, work exchange, and scholarships available.
For more information: http://rowecenter.org