[Scpg] Sat. Nov. 17 "Best Bare Root Fruit Trees for Santa Barbara"

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Oct 31 09:12:42 PDT 2012

*What are the Best Bare Root Fruit Trees, Berries and other plants for
**Santa Barbara** and **Ventura**?*

*/__/*

*/_Wondering what to add to your garden or patio in 2013?_/* On
Saturday, Nov 17th from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm the Santa Barbara/Ventura
chapter of the *California Rare Fruit Growers* will present a panel
discussion at the *Alpha Resource Center** orchard and food forest
garden*, 4501 Cathedral Oaks Road, Santa Barbara 93110. The topic will
be which bare root plants to buy in January that will do well in our
area of California and how to plant them. Most deciduous trees and other
plants can be bought bare root at this time of year at a substantial
savings, so take advantage of the special bargains!

We'll talk about bare root fruit and nut trees, cane berries,
artichokes, strawberries, rhubarb & roses. There will also be a fruit
tasting and tour of the new Alpha orchard, which has over 100 fruit and
nut trees, and Alpha's older food forest garden, with over 60 additional
fruit trees plus heritage roses. Alpha Resource Center provides services
for individuals and families dealing with developmental disabilities.

/__/

Our moderator will be chapter chair Larry Saltzman and speakers will
include Pacifica Graduate Institute Land Manager *Marshall Chrostowski*.
Bring fruit and baked goods to share at our fruit tasting, plus plants
for our plant sale! The meeting is free for CRFG members, and a donation
($3 - $5) is requested from non-members.

/__/

/_Contact_/: Larry Saltzman 805 451-4168