[Scpg] 5th Annual Santa Barbara Community Seed Swap/Sun JAN 27 2013/Free

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed Dec 12 19:41:47 PST 2012

While they are tiny, seeds are the source of sustenance for the
entire planet and carriers of genetic and cultural diversity.
We celebrate them once again at the SB Community Seed swap. We hope
this yearly event at the beginning of the year prompts many other
smaller seed swaps in local neighborhoods throughout the year,
setting the tone for seed swapping to go viral.
please join us!
5th Annual Santa Barbara
Community Seed Swap
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Santa Barbara Public Library, Faulkner Gallery & Outdoors Under the Oaks
Rain or Shine
  11 AM - 3 PM, Free

[]

       Join us for an amazing free public event as we celebrate the
5th Annual Santa Barbara Community Seed Swap on Sunday, January 27,
from 11am-3pm.  Over 400 people attended last year, sharing seeds and
knowledge with other backyard gardeners, plant lovers, and farmers.
Come be a part of this seed saving movement, making sure that locally
adapted varieties of seed & plants are passed on to future generations.
Children welcome!
Bring seeds, plants, cuttings, and garden knowledge to swap.
Don't have these?

Then come get seeds.
Seeds to sow.
Seeds to grow.
Seeds to harvest.
Seeds to save and share next year.

Activities for all ages: story hour, crafts,
seed ball making, seed saving lessons,
seed envelope making, worm composting,
learning about bare root trees and more!

Music that will have your toes tapping
Special Speakers throughout the day
A gathering of garden friends old and new.

if you are a seed related group or organization and would like to
table at the event, please contact
margie at sbpermaculture.org to reserve a table ($10)

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

PlPlease consider the environment before printing this email.