[Scpg] All Good Things Organic Seeds in Ojai seeks intern...

All Good Things Organic Seeds agtoseeds at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 12:33:36 PST 2012

*All Good Things Organic Seeds* is a certified organic seed company located
in Ojai, California and co-operated Justin Huhn and Quin Shakra. We started
our seed business in the summer of 2011 to sell vegetable, herb and flower
seeds we grow on our farmland. We offer our seeds through our web site (
http://www.agtoseeds.com) and in retail locations across Ventura and Santa
Barbara counties.

We are looking to vastly expand our seed business in 2013. We have attained
a new level of organic certification that allows us to repack organic seeds
from other farmers and seed companies, which will allow us to grow our
inventory as needed. We would especially like to expand our presence in
retail stores, and are in the process of constructing a ready-made seed
rack that could be set up and shipped to retailers.

In order to facilitate our expansion, we are seeking an apprentice who has
experience in organic agriculture and would enjoy living on an organic
farm, but can specifically help us with marketing activities, including:

   -  Expanding our retail presence regionally. This would involve locating
   potential retail locations (nurseries, health food stores, etc.) through
   which we could sell our seed racks, contacting sales managers, and
   arranging sales.

   - Posting and engaging with content on our Tumblr blog, Facebook page,
   and possibly YouTube/Vimeo channels. Potentially helping us establish a
   presence on new social platforms (Pinterest, Foursquare, etc).

   - Running our table at events that we attend (e.g. Earth Day, Seed
   Swaps, etc).

   - Helping us sell our surplus farm vegetables to grocery stores and
   retailers around the Ojai area.

This person must be self-motivated, inquisitive, creative, but most
especially, outgoing. We want someone who can work closely with us but also
independently when necessary. A basic familiarity with Macintosh computers
and the above social networking platforms is necessary. Access to an iOS
device (iPhone, iPad) would definitely be a bonus. *Familiarity with the
significance of organic seed, or a willingness to learn about it, is
necessary.* We can't emphasize that last part enough, as successful
marketing necessitates understanding what is special about what we do.

This apprenticeship would last one month and is a work trade for living on
our farm. If we are successful there is a possibility that your role could
be expanded into a paid (living off-farm) position. We are hopeful about
the future of our business, and would love to eventually offer the right
person a wage as well.

If you're interested in joining us, please send us an email at
agtoseeds at gmail.com.

We look forward to hearing from you!

 -Justin & Quin, co-founders, All Good Things Organic Seeds.