[Scpg] MHG - Digging in the New Year - Jan 5th

Hugh Kelly hkelly at talk21.com
Sun Dec 30 16:22:30 PST 2012

ITS NEXT WEEKEND . Saturday January 5th

9am to 12:30  - Volunteer Work-party

12noon to 1pm - Mesa Neighborhood Exchange

RAINWATER HARVESTING: Part 2 of a series.

Bring tools for digging (shovels / picks) to continue work on our BIG
rainwater harvesting project.

Now is the time for creating our rainwater catchment system to capture
rainwater from the parking lot. We're going to be getting a lot of help:
January 21st (Martin Luther King Jr. Day) we're expecting 40 volunteers from
AmeriCorps to work all afternoon in the Garden!! With that much help, we
hope to get all the ditches dug and the bio-swales ready to plant.

9am to 12:30  - Volunteer Work-party

12noon to 1pm - Mesa Neighborhood Exchange

Please do join us this Saturday, invite people to help, and bring picks,
shovels and whatever else you think might help to shift the dirt and get us
one important step closer to creating a self-sufficient food forest.

As usual, we'll have our work-party in the morning, and then host the Mesa
Neighborhood Exchange. Please bring your surplus home-grown fruit and
veggies to share, meet up with neighbors and support the Mesa Community's
very own food forest to feed the hungry.

Flyer attached - please post wherever seems appropriate.

Thanks for all your support.

Hugh

Hugh Kelly
---