[Scpg] TOMORROW!/Sun Jan 27/Seed Swap/The magic of seeds...

Margie Bushman, Coordinator, SBCC Center for Sustainability sbpcnet at silcom.com
Sat Jan 26 08:15:12 PST 2013

The magic of seeds, they are our past, they are our future.  Like a
small computer chip, they are tiny, but they contain vast amounts of
information, the blueprint for life...

seed saving the most permaculture thing you can do, and an antidote
to GMO's,  do-able in our own backyards.

helpful to bring markers, pens, pencils, bags, envelopes, seed saving
containers (nice to move away from plastic, even ziplock bags if
possible, it all goes to the landfill in the end) and mark all your
seed donations with as much information as possible, plant name,
where grown, date collected, etc.  We would love current seed
catalogs to put on our information table.   Seed saving websites
listed bottom of this email.

5th Annual Santa Barbara
Community Seed Swap
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Santa Barbara Public Library, Faulkner Gallery
  11 AM - 3 PM, Free, Rain or Shine

[]

       Join us for an amazing Free event as we celebrate the 5th
Annual Santa Barbara Community Seed Swap on Sunday, January 27, from
11am-3pm.  Over 400 people attended last year, sharing seeds and
knowledge with other backyard gardeners, plant lovers, and farmers.
Come be a part of this seed saving movement, making sure that locally
adapted varieties of seed & plants are passed on to future
generations.  Children welcome!
Bring seeds, plants, cuttings, and garden knowledge to swap.
Don't have these?
Then come get seeds.

Seeds to sow.
Seeds to grow.
Seeds to harvest.
Seeds to save and share next year.

Activities for all ages: children's crafts,
seed ball making, vertical gardens demo, and more!
Music that will have your toes tapping

Special speakers throughout the day
A gathering of garden friends old and new.
&
the Lexicon of Sustainability exhibit on the lawn area in front of
Library/ Anapamu Street entrance side

The 5th Annual Santa Barbara Community Seed Swap takes place on
Sunday January 27, 11am-3pm, at the downtown Santa Barbara Central
Library, Faulkner Gallery 40 E. Anapamu St, 93101.  Free, for more
info: (805)962-2571, margie at sbpermaculture.org.

A community event sponsored by Santa Barbara Permaculture Network Non-profit
www.sbpermaculture.org

Special thanks to Island Seed & Feed & Healing Grounds Nursery!

Websites about Seed Saving:

Seed Savers Exchange:
www.seedsavers.org

Heirloom Seed Exchange:
www.heirloomseedswap.com

Seed Savers:
www.seedsavers.net

Seed Matters
www.seedmatters.org

Organic Seed Alliance
http://www.seedalliance.org/

Safe Seed Pledge & Initiative & list of Seed Companies who have taken
the Safe Seed Pledge:
http://www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/viewpage.aspx?pageid=261

[]

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

PlPlease consider the environment before printing this email.