[Scpg] TODAY Tues., Jan. 29th at 5 PM Got Soul? The Urgency of Soul-Centered Leadership for the Global Good

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Jan 29 06:48:45 PST 2013

Got Soul? The Urgency of Soul-Centered Leadership for the Global Good

Tues., Jan. 29th at 5 PM,
by Seth Nickinson, Harvard Graduate, Returned Peace Corps volunteer Food
and Energy Policy Activist
(Bolivia), and Reiki Master

5 PM, Hill-Carrillo Adobe
11 E. Carrillo x State
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
(Park in City Lots or come afoot or apedal)
$20 contribution. Free for first timers.

www.facebook.com/CommunityPlanetSavvyInvestorsSantaBarbara

Our facilitator pioneered sustainability engagement inside Walmart and
activated parents with Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution.

He now works locally championing wellness and sustainability for
foundations, businesses, and the City and County.

Join us as we ask, "What can Soul
development add to our technological and intellectual progress?"

Do you feel like we suffer "leaders" who are behind the times?
Is it confounding that 64 years after the Universal Declaration of Human
Rights and 20 years after the Rio Earth Summit, global brotherhood and
sustainability both feel like far-fetched ideals without widespread
traction?

Integral models of human development suggest that the progress of our
societies and the evolution of our individual consciousness are
interlinked.

Many of us in the contemporary world are divorced from
deep cultural wisdom and separated from the land. Looking closely, we
might discern that most of us, including our leaders, never cross out of
ethical and spiritual adolescence into true adulthood.

What's to become of us?  Where can we find these tools? If we weren't
born into a specific tradition, what can the ancient spirituality and
shamanism
offer us? Let's reflect on our own journeys, take stock of what's
missing, and consider techniques for soulcentric growth.