[Scpg] Online Permaculture Design Course

List Daemon listdaemon at arashi.com
Wed Feb 13 08:49:59 PST 2013

All,

Regenerative Leadership Institute is another production of Vladislav
Davidzon of Common Circle fame and notoriety.

These links below have created a lively discussion on the upstream
[Permaculture] listserv ( permaculture at lists.ibiblio.org ) around issues
of Permaculture lineage and processes of community validations.

Other online Permaculture Courses/PDCs include ( *not* a complete list ):

     http://www.PermacultureEducation.com
     http://www.barkingfrogspermaculture.org
     http://www.thepermaculturepodcast.com/2013/andrew-millison/
http://www.beaverstatepermaculture.com/events/online-non-credit-permaculture-design-course
http://www.beaverstatepermaculture.com/events/advanced-permaculture-design-practicum
     http://permacultureprinciples.com
     http://knoxvillepermacultureguild.ning.com/

YMMV.

I think Toby Hemenway articulates it best:

    The choice of Regenerative Leadership Institute as a DBA is also confusing. Penny Livingston runs the highly regarded Regenerative Design Institute and her husband runs a program called the Ecology of Leadership. Several people, some of them very knowledgeable, have assumed that RLI is run by Penny. Since RDI is not trademarked, there is nothing illegal here, just the usual ethical edge-riding that we've seen all along. But it's hard not to think that the choice of a similar name was deliberate.

    No one, especially someone like Penny who has worked so hard to develop a program with integrity, likes their coat-tails ridden. I know that Penny would appreciate getting the word out that RDI has nothing to do with RLI.

    Toby
    http://patternliteracy.com