[Scpg] MHG - Gopher-proofing - Mar 2nd

Hugh Kelly hkelly at talk21.com
Sun Feb 24 14:08:01 PST 2013

Work-party: NEXT WEEKEND . Saturday March 2nd .

9am to 12:30  - Volunteer Work-party

12noon to 1pm - Mesa Neighborhood Exchange

Do gophers like lettuce? Just because you've never seen one queuing up at
the salad bar doesn't mean the answer isn't YES! Which is why we'll be
creating a gopher-proof fence around the new seed beds - which are now full
of lettuces thanks to everyone who came along to our workshop on Feb 23rd to
launch the new Seed Saving Guild, in conjunction with the Food Bank's Grow
Your Own Way program.

We'll also be putting the finishing touches to our BIG rainwater harvesting
project.

As usual, we'll have our work-party in the morning, and then host the Mesa
Neighborhood Exchange. Please bring your surplus home-grown fruit and
veggies to share, meet up with neighbors and support the Mesa Community's
very own food forest to feed the hungry.

Flyer attached - please post wherever seems appropriate.

Thanks for all your support.

Hugh

Hugh Kelly
---