[Scpg] March 23-Ocean Friendly Gardens-Lawn Patrol Santa Barbara

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Mar 11 18:25:41 PDT 2013

OCEAN FRIENDLY GARDENS PROGRAM
Join us for a Lawn Patrol! (neighborhood walk)
When: Saturday, March 23, 10am-12noon
Where: Start at Spencer Adams Park, 1216 De La
Vina, between Victoria and Anapamu, in downtown Santa Barbara
What: We'll meet at the garden and discuss what
makes it an outstanding example of an Ocean
Friendly Garden.  Then we will take a walk
through the local neighborhood, looking for
examples of yards that have elements of an OFG,
and to notice opportunities for including OFG elements at other locations.
FREE. Please RSVP at
<mailto:santabarbaraofg at gmail.com>santabarbaraofg at gmail.com
This will help estimate materials to prepare.
What are the elements of an OCEAN FRIENDLY GARDEN?
·  C- Conservation-- properly spaced native and climate appropriate plants
·  P- Permeability--healthy soil, mulch and hardscape soak up water
·  R- Retention-- direct rain gutters to slow, spread and sink water on-site
<Flier attached> Please help us spread the word!
--
Madeline Ward
City of Santa Barbara, Water Resources Technician

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

PlPlease consider the environment before printing this email.