[Scpg] Permaculture and the Sacred--see the video-Starhawk

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Mar 17 10:02:29 PDT 2013

I gave a talk at Harvard on Permaculture and the Sacred and the video is up at:
http://www.hds.harvard.edu/multimedia/video/permaculture-and-the-sacred-a-conversation-with-starhawk

And our Social Permaculture course is coming up:

Social Permaculture:  Nurturing Effective and Creative Groups

Starhawk and Charles Williams, instructors.

April 10-14, Cazadero, CA

Sliding scale $600-$800

Early bird special!

Some work trade available

Register online at http://www.earthactivisttraining.org/courselist.html

Or contact earthactivisttraining at gmail.com

 When we come together to co-create, to empower one another or to challenge the structures of unjust power, we face unique challenges.  All groups struggle with issues of power, conflicts, and the need to make decisions.  Collaborative groups may be healing, nurturing, and inspirational—or they may founder on the rocks of conflict and poor communication.

 In this five-day intensive, we’ll explore how to structure our groups for maximum group health, how to share power fairly, improve our communication skills, mediate conflicts and facilitate group processes.  And we’ll share tools for decision making and constructive critique.  Starhawk’s latest book, The Empowerment Manual: A Guide for Collaborative Groups, will be our foundation.

 We’ll balance the process work with time outdoors in nature, including hands-on work on the land, as well as walks, bird sits and wilderness awareness.  Insights from both permaculture and magic will help us learn to be more effective and joyful as we work together to regenerate our world.

This post has been sent to you from Starhawk at lists.riseup.net.  This is an announce-only listserve that allows Starhawk to post her writings occasionally to those who wish to receive them.

Starhawk is a lifelong activist in peace and global justice movements, a leader in the feminist and earth-based spirituality movements, author or coauthor of ten books, including The Spiral Dance, The Fifth Sacred Thing, Webs of Power: Notes from the Global Uprising, and her latest, The Earth Path.

Starhawk's website is www.starhawk.org, and more of her writings and information on her schedule and activities can be found there.