[Scpg] Free Intro to Permaculture Classes Coming Up March 26 and April 12

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Mar 21 06:55:00 PDT 2013

Happy Spring Equinox to you and yours!
We have a wonderful opportunity to get together as a guild and to support our growing permaculture community here in San Luis Obispo county next Tuesday. There is a “Intro to Permaculture” presentation Tuesday March 26th at 7pm at the SLO Grange Hall. The press release is below and attached.

Maybe you already know what permaculture is and don’t feel like you need an “intro.” But, now is the time to gather all “permies” together and support our effort to bring a PDC course to our area! Please see the PDC brochure and flyer attached. Please print copies and post them around town at yoga studios, garden centers, natural food stores, libraries and other conscious businesses. Now is the time to sign up for the PDC course and to encourage your friends to take the course with you! Join in on the fun!

We also have a website: www.slopermaculture.net
And a facebook page: www.facebook.com/slopermacultureguild

Press release
For immediate release
Contact person: Alex Vincent
                           SLO Permaculture Leadership Team
Telephone number: (805) 729 - 6845
Email address: slopermaculture at gmail.com

Website address:  www.slopermaculture.net
Two Free Public Events - An Introduction to Permaculture
Tuesday March 26th, 2013
San Luis Obispo Grange Hall - 2880 Broad St. San Luis Obispo, CA
6:30 Reception  -   7-9pm Discussion

AND

Friday April 12th, 2013
Ludwick Community Center - 864 Santa Rosa St. San Luis Obispo, CA
6:30 Reception  -   7-9pm Discussion

Join the SLO Permaculture Guild for an Introduction to Permaculture, a design methodology for creating living spaces, food systems, and communities based on holistic, ecological principles and relevant to individuals from any background. Alex Vincent, a permaculture designer, educator, and local of the Central Coast, will be sharing stories from his pursuits to understand permaculture as a tool for positive and effective change. The evening’s informal discussion will address common questions such as: What is Permaculture? Where did it come from? Does it work? How can we get involved?

This free, introductory event is one of several to be held before the upcoming SLO Permaculture Design Course. Offered on ten Saturdays and four Sundays, April through August, the course is organized by volunteers as a flexible, low-cost way for individuals to deepen their knowledge about truly sustainable living.  Course sessions are hosted at exemplar sites throughout the county and draw on local teachers and practitioners to provide hands-on, pertinent information and examples. The course is aligned with accredited permaculture curriculum and awards an internationally recognized certificate to participants upon completion of a final design project.
SLO Permaculture Team