[Scpg] Ojai farm-based business and homestead seeking apprentice carpenter

Justin Huhn lifeethic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 09:49:48 PDT 2013

Ojai farm-based business & homestead seeking apprentice carpenter. We are a
certified organic farm and seed company here in Ojai, looking for a
reliable, engaged, willing-to-learn individual to help with some of our
projects! An ideal candidate has basic carpentry skills, but most
importantly is self-motivated, with a desire to learn and a focused
presence. Apprentice will be working with the guidance of an experienced
farmer/carpenter/handyman. The skills learned during this apprenticeship
are very valuable to any self-sufficiency or homestead/business context.
The right person for this position will be compensated $10/hr to begin,
with a pay rate increase after 1-2 months of proven reliability and social
affinity. We are looking for part-time assistance (one day a week) with a
variety of projects, including:

   - repair & maintenance
      - present structures
      - farm equipment (tractor, mower, hand tools)
   - construction
      - solar hot water system
      - solar food dehydrator
      - shed/covered shade/storage...
   - skills learned:
      - basic electrical
      - plumbing
      - roofing
      - basic framing
      - fine-finish carpentry
      - painting
      - basic motor mechanics
      - maintenance of tools & structures
      - natural building (cob, earthen plaster...)
      - organization...

If you are interested, please reply by email with details about yourself
and why you think you would be a good match!

Blessings,
Justin

**