[Scpg] Fundraiser for BUILD A PERMACULTURE GARDEN AT SANTA BARBARA CITY COLLEGE-$10, 000

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat May 25 14:34:20 PDT 2013

BUILD A PERMACULTURE GARDEN AT SANTA BARBARA CITY COLLEGE
A proposal for the students to build a permaculture garden in the heart of Santa Barbara city college to provide local & organic ingredients to culinary dept.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/build-a-permaculture-garden-at-santa-barbara-city-college

I am a student at santa barbara city college and i am currently taking permaculture and for projects in sustainability we agreed it was the right choice to make a permaculture garden next to the culinary dept where we can provide natural and organic fruits, vegetables, and herbs. it will be a very educational location with its innovations with technology and keeping the simplicity intact. the goal is $10,000 which will build the garden and sustain it till we can offer events to help fund to keep the garden up and running.

The garden will also include a stage to facilitate a class lecture and for our entertainment a musical performance will also take place on this stage. We have gotten the privilege to schedule a live musical performance by local bands to celebrate the opening to our public educational permaculture garden. This garden will benefit everyone in our school and will be open to visitors from all over, so they can experience the efforts of hard working dedicated students.
Along with live performances their will be live silk screening on t-shirts sale to help support the permaculture gardens future finances. So we are asking for your support to build this dream for a better tomorrow.

A better life with healthier options and knowing that every one of us has the power to grow what we put in our bodies. To give the students of Santa Barbara city college the chance to taste the flavors of naturally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs grown steps away. Give new skills that are essential for the students in the culinary dept. they are taught the necessary steps of catering to plants as you pick through our garden.

Our goal is 10 thousand dollars and that will build our public permaculture garden and culinary green house.that money would also go to build our lecture and music stage so we can begin providing music to hundreds of the locals and students of Santa Barbara. We are offering custom made tshirts from a local company offering to help support the cause for a better tomorrow. We are also offering the opportunity to adopt a plant bed and have a section of the garden named after you or a company you would like to represent.

We thank you for taking a moment to look at a family you can be a part of and a garden you can pick from if we reach our goal. Well have the clearance from the board and president of Santa Barbara city college to build the garden. We also have the site located for the garden and is ready to be built.

The moment we hit 1 thousand dollars we will start Bokashi buckets and collect as much food waste from the cafeteria to help create the freshest soil for the permaculture garden as we build. We have the shovels in hand but our next step needs your support. Help us create a hands-on-garden any of our sponsors and guests can visit.