[Scpg] This Fri. Occupy Love film and Sat. Forum, and more Interplay events

Brad Smith papatopierre at yahoo.com
Sat May 25 18:30:25 PDT 2013

Reflections
on Occupy
participatory forum

Sat.
June 1st , 1-5 PM at Unity House
1626
Santa Barbara St., Santa Barbara

What does Occupy mean to you now?
What lessons have we learned?
How can we do better?

The
day following the first screening in Santa Barbara of the new film,
Occupy Love, you
are invited to a collaborative community exploration of the Occupy
movement.  In facilitated circles and creative activities we will
together discover imaginative ways to nurture a healthy, just,
sustainable Santa Barbara.

This
is a chance to meet passionate, capable people, make new friends, and
find a practical way forward together.  It will take all our
perspectives, energy, and skills to create the life we all want and
need. Your contribution is important, even necessary.  Come join us!

Suggested
donation $7-15 to cover our costs
Free
unlimited street parking

Organized
by:
Interplay
"Cultivating
Collaborative Community"

Occupy
Love
film by Velcrow Ripper
occupylove.com

Fri.,
May 31, 7pm at
Faulkner
Gallery in the Santa Barbara Public Library
40
E. Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara

Suggested donation $8
Community
Conversation after the film
Interplay
Participatory Forum the following day at Unity House

Presented
by
HopeDance
FiLMs

Also:

Affordable
Housing Co-op Circle
Thurs.
May 30, 6:30-8:30pm
Bici
Centro, 506 E. Haley St. (@ Olive), Santa Barbara
No
charge

At
our last circle we learned about the world of housing co-ops from
Jeff Bessmer and got a brief idea of what the participants are each
looking for. At this next meeting we will explore more deeply into
what we each might want and what our community needs. It does not
matter whether you were at previous meetings or not. If you are
interested in affordable cooperative housing of any sort for yourself
or others, please join us! And feel free to bring friends or forward
this to others.

Hungry
for Change
film by Permacology and FoodMatters Productions
with
facilitated dialogue afterward

Monday,
	June 3rd, 7-9pm
Westside
Neighborhood Center
 423 West Victoria St., Santa Barbara
 suggested donation $6-12
Free parking

“It's
not just about what you eat, but how your food is eating you.”

The
film, with interviews from Dr. Christiane  Northrup, Dr. Joseph
Mercola, actress Lisa Carr, David Wolfe and others, will set the
stage for a group exploration of how we can support each other as a
cooperative community so that everyone may enjoy the healthy Santa
Barbara lifestyle. We will view the first part of the film so that we
will have time for discussion, and save the rest for another viewing
and discussion.

	* How can we as a community develop and maintain healthy habits together?
	* How can we help those who suffer find true health so they can live happy, productive lives?
	* How might regular healthy lifestyle circles, supported by local holistic health professionals, help us all live physically and emotionally healthy lives?
	* How can we integrate diverse perspectives, ideas, and skills to foster a healthy community together?

Join
us for the beginning of the Healthy Lifestyle Series with community
support and sharing!

Like
us on Facebook!
Interplay's
Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/interplay.coop

-Brad
805-705-5844 (voice, no texts, please)

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
-- John Anster, but commonly attributed to Goethe

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change
something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
--Buckminster Fuller

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens
can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead