[Scpg] Nutiva Encourages Industrial Hemp Amendment to the Farm Bill/Contact Your Representative Today

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Jun 20 09:50:47 PDT 2013

[]

URGENT! Please Call Your Representative in Congress Today!

Ask Them to Support & Vote for the Industrial Hemp Amendment to the Farm Bill

This message comes to us, and then to you, from our friends and
allies at VoteHemp.

As you may know, the Senate has passed their version of the Farm Bill
and Senator Ron Wyden's hemp amendment failed to be voted on because
of politics that was out of our control. This week the House is
debating their version of the Farm Bill. This means that we have the
opportunity to get a hemp amendment in once again! Representatives
Jared Polis, Thomas Massie, and Earl Blumenauer have introduced an
amendment to the Farm Bill that would allow colleges and universities
to grow and cultivate hemp for academic and agricultural research
purposes. It would only apply to states where industrial hemp growth
and cultivation is already legal under state law.

We need you to call and email your Representative in Congress and ask
them to support & vote for the Industrial Hemp Amendment to the Farm
Bill and let researchers in the U.S. be able to work on the crop.

  Please click here and make the call now!

  We have a short, easy to use script and phone numbers will be
provided after you enter your Zip Code on our web site at:
http://votehemp.com/farmbill Thank you very much for taking the time
to call and sending us feedback on your call!

Calls are the most important thing to do now. If you can't make a
call please click here to send an email.

We ask that you pass this information on to friends and family and
ask them to call and write as well. Thank you so much for your support!

About Vote Hemp
Vote Hemp is a national, single-issue, nonprofit organization
dedicated to the acceptance of and free market for industrial hemp,
low-THC oilseed and fiber varieties of Cannabis, and to changes in
current law to allow U.S. farmers to grow the crop.

Web Site: http://www.VoteHemp.com

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

PlPlease consider the environment before printing this email.