[Scpg] Food Forest on the Mesa Part II Sat July 13, sign up today!

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 7 13:25:06 PDT 2013

FOOD FOREST ON THE MESA, PART II, We still have a few spots left, sign up today!

This is the second of two workshops putting in a Food Forest on the Mesa. During the first event we put in our water harvesting basins and filled them with gravel and mulch. During the second workshop we will lay the rock for the paths around the planting beds and put the plants and trees into their new homes. Sign up below.

The workshop will take place on Saturday July 13 from 8:30am- 1:30pm. Our beautiful, undulating water catchment basins are already in place, ready for trees, shrubs, and edible perennials to be planted nearby. We will accent the garden area with rock, put in the six trees and two vines, blueberries, artichokes, and a variety of native and climate appropriate plants along the borders and to make up the lower layers of the food forest.

We'll discuss the concept of a food forest, our plan, and what will be done afterwards to continue to add to the forest, and nurture and maintain it. We'll also discuss the role of compost tea in soil building and apply compost tea to the soil before and during planting.

Come prepared to work hard, feel good, and learn a lot, as in all Sweetwater workshops. We appreciate your participation and are excited to work with you!!

sign up here:
http://sweetwatercollaborative.org/civicrm/event/info?id=3&reset=1

"Talk is cheap...It is the way we organize and use our lives every day that tells what we believe in."

César Chávez