[Scpg] TONIGHT!/1st Thursday Event/Two Great Exhibits/King Tides A Visual Indicator of Climate Change & Secrets of the Gaviota Coast/Sept 5

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Sep 5 08:47:01 PDT 2013

Two great reasons for coming out for the community building 1st
Thursday event in downtown Santa Barbara tonight - special exhibits
sponsored by The Sustainability Project & the Naples Coalition (see
below for details & locations).
For more info on the 1st Thursday
events:
<http://www.santabarbaradowntown.com/about/1st-thursday>http://www.santabarbaradowntown.com/about/1st-thursday

>[]

KING TIDES -on the Santa Barbara South Coast
A Visual Indicator of Climate Change -Photography by Bill Dewey and
Roe Anne White
Santa Barbara Ist Thursday Sept 5- 5-8pm
Peikert + rrmdesigngroup, 10 East Figueroa St. FREE

What will Santa Barbara look like with rising sea levels?

Scientists tell us that King Tides, when our moon and sun align to
create super tides, are a preview of our possible future. Come and
look at the visual evidence from this past year's King Tides, through
the lenses of noted local photographers Bill Dewey and Roe Anne White
in LARGE FORMAT. As beautiful as they are provocative, these images
taken along our coastline are a reminder of why action on climate
change critical.

The The Sustainability Project team has put together a great
installation coming to 1st Thursday this September 5th @ Peikert +
rrmdesigngroup on 10 East Figueroa St. Come and see large print
photos, digital slides, as well as conversation with the TSP team all
over a glass of wine! Seriously, what's better than that?

The Sustainability Project
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sustainabilityproject.org%2F&h=FAQH8dsqp&s=1>http://www.sustainabilityproject.org/
exists to inspire change in the built environment of our region in
order to improve the quality of life, in harmony with nature, for
this and future generations.

and a Benefit for the Naples Coalition:
   "SECRETS OF THE GAVIOTA COAST"
Exhibit Location: De la Guerra Plaza - 15 E. De la Guerra St.

This FREE  event will feature a black and white photo exhibit by Shaw
Leonard as well as landscape paintings by Southern California Artists
Painting for the Environment (SCAPE). It's ALL about the Gaviota
Coast and the treasures it holds. Forty percent of the sales of the
evening's art goes to benefit Naples Coalition.

  Music is donated by the following artists:
    * Susan & Sierra Reeves
    * Freekasaurus Rex
    * Paull E. Rubin
    * Rebecca Troon
    * MC is Tucker Bodine

  Raffle prizes include items from Teva (Deckers), Hornytoad,
Boathouse, Savoy Cafe, Sea Landing, Aquasports and many more. Tickets
are 3 for $5 or 20 tickets for $20. 100% of ticket sales goes to
benefit Naples Coalition.
Come have a Figueroa Mountain beer or a glass of wine from
Buttonwood, Benjamin Silver or one of our other fine sponsors. 100%
of beverage purchases goes to benefit Naples Coalition.

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

PlPlease consider the environment before printing this email.