[Scpg] SOL Food Festival - September 28

David Fortson david at loatree.com
Thu Sep 19 11:30:05 PDT 2013

Please help us spread the word!

September 19, 2013

David Fortson

david at loatree.com

For Immediate Release

4th Annual Sustainable, Organic, Local (SOL) Food Festival Set for Saturday, September 28, 2013

 Plaza Vera Cruz Park in Santa Barbara

Hands On Workshops, Local Food, Beer and Wine, Kids Activities, Chef Competition and more.

Santa Barbara, CA – The SOL Food planning team is proud to present the 4th Annual SOL Food Festival in Plaza Vera Cruz Park on Saturday, September 28th, 2012.  In partnership with the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County, this festival profiles Sustainable, Organic, Local (SOL) food and its role in creating a brighter future.

Last year’s festival attracted over 7,000 people to the park to enjoy incredible food, tasty beer & wine, kids activities, meet local farm animals, enjoy educational workshops, and network with fellow foodies.

This year’s festival will feature a variety of educational and hands on workshops including backyard poultry, how to make cheese, food security, beer brewing and compost making to name a few.  We have five stages running all day including our musical Oasis Stage, Hands on Kitchen Stage, Scratch Cookin’ Kitchen Stage, Making Change State and the Cooking with SOL stage.

The wildly popular SOL Chef Competition will feature some of our regions most talented chefs cooking up a storm with food procured from the Santa Barbara Farmers Market.  Featured again in 2013 will be the kid-approved “Hungry Caterpillar” workshop and dozens of exhibitors representing the breadth and depth of the Santa Barbara County food world.  Finally, do not miss the “Salad Eating Contest” that puts the infamous nationally televised “Hot Dog Eating Contests” to shame.

This year’s event features over 20 food artisans sampling anything from bread, chocolate, pickles, olives and more.  Our “Garden of Eatin” features an array of local food including SOhO, Nimita’s, the SOL Food Kitchen, Full of Life Flatbread, Here’s the Scoop, Sugar & Salt Creamery, Ascending Health Juicery, and Im’Alkesh.  Our Beer & Wine Garden features the likes of Demetria, Alma Rosa, Carr Winery, Fig Mountain Brewery, Telegraph Brewery, and Stone Brewery.

Special thanks to our major sponsors: Cox Communications, 1% for the Planet, Santa Barbara Independent, Santa Barbara Sentinel, Isla Vista Food Coop, Orfalea Foundation, Community Action Commission.  Special thanks to the fiscal agent and partner of the SOL Food Festival the Food Bank of Santa Barbara County and our marketing partner LoaTree.

For more information about the SOL Food Festival, please go to www.solfoodfestival.com.

##

David Fortson

LoaTree